Gaming name is very important to a player as the other players not only know you by the screen name but also start referring to you by that name, slowly replacing your legal name with the gaming name in gaming chats and meets as well as get together in the same circles. Changing your name in Clash Royale is not something that can be done easily and Supercell makes sure that you don’t change your name often as it offers only a single free name change.
You can not use special characters or emojis but you can set up or change the name in your native language.
If you are new to the game or just can’t find your way around the game’s UI, here is how to change your name in Clash Royale.
Changing your name in Clash Royale
Launch the game and follow the steps below to change your name in Clash Royale.
- Tap on the Hamburger ( triple horizontal bars) button on the top right corner of the screen.
- A menu will appear in that menu tap Settings option.
- Then in the settings menu tap on Change name (in the blue box).
- A warning message will appear stating that ” You only get one free name change – use it wisely as future name changes cost gems.” tap on Okay button to move forward.
- Then on the next screen enter the new name you want and tap on the Continue button (refer to the screenshot below).
- Re-enter your new name and tap on the Continue button.
- On next screen, you have to type Confirm in the box and tap on Okay.
If you want to change the name again you need to be at least king level 4. As mentioned above you can only change your name on Clash Royale free of cost only once. so if you want to change your name again you will need to spend gems, the in-game currency.
Also read: How to check Fortnite stats?