Spotify is a Luxembourg-based audio streaming platform, which was launched in Sweden in 2008 and currently has more than 248 million users, including 113 million subscribers in 79 countries. Also, Spotify features more than 50 million tracks as well as 3 billion playlists alongwith more than 500 thousand podcasts.
In this article, we will explain how you can change the username and password in Spotify. Do read the article till the end for a detailed explanation.
How to change the username in Spotify?
Currently, you can not change the username in Spotify. However, there is a plus point in this app — you do not need to remember your username to log in. You can log in from the Facebook account, email or the phone number you specified while creating the account.
Spotify generates a random series of numbers and letters if your account was set up via email or phone number. However, if you have used the Facebook account to register on Spotify, your Facebook name will be shown on Spotify account.
In case you still want to change your Spotify username, you have the following options.
Create a new account via Facebook (for Facebook username)
You can sign up on Spotify with your Facebook account to use the Facebook username on Spotify. Follow the instructions given below to do the same.
- Open Spotify website.
- Click on the Sign-up option at the top right of the screen.
- Now, click on Sign up with Facebook.
- Enter the details and then your Facebook account will be linked to Spotify.
Note: Check your Facebook privacy settings to
Now, instead of a random string of numbers, you can see your profile picture as well as your name on Spotify.
Create a new account via email (for a username of your liking)
If you want to change your present username and also do not want to link your Facebook account with Spotify, you can sign in with the email and then enter the username of your liking. To register using the email, follow the steps given below.
- Open Spotify.
- Click on Sign up at the top right corner.
- Now, enter your email and password.
- In the What should we call you box, write the username of your choice.
- After that click on Sign up.
Note: Please do keep in mind that you can see the new username in the app and not on the website.
How to change the password in Spotify?
Changing password in Spotify is a lot easier than changing the username. To change the Spotify password, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Spotify website and then log in on your account.
- Click on the Profile option at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on Change Password from the left menu.
- Enter your current password and then your new password.
- After that, click on Set New Password.
Also Read: How to delete your Spotify account?