Instagram is a great way to connect with others as well as to showcase your own colourful life. However, there are times when Instagram blocks you from posting comments.
We are here with a guide to resolve this issue. But before reading further, here are some important things that you should keep in mind before commenting on Instagram:
- Check the number of mentions in your comment. Instagram only allows up to 5 mentions per comment. So, if you have mentioned more than 5 people, you will get an error.
- Furthermore, Instagram also has a limit on the number of hashtags that you can place. Currently, you can place up to 30 hashtags while commenting. Try to remain within the specified limit.
- Instagram doesn’t allow multiple same comments (including emojis).
- Don’t use any third-party apps to view videos or like pictures on Instagram or you can be blocked or even banned by the platform.
- Don’t use bots to comment.
If you have done each of the above points right and are still not able to post comments on Instagram, then here are some more actions that you can take.
Also read: Will iMessage say delivered if blocked?
Updating the Instagram app
You should make it a habit to update applications as the new patches usually resolve the bugs. So, check the current app version and then update it if needed. Here are the steps that you can follow to update the app:
- Tap the hamburger menu at the top right of the screen and then tap on Settings.
- Go to Help > App updates to check for any new updates.
Usually, one should turn on the auto-update feature if it is available on the app.
Adhere to the Instagram community guidelines
Sometimes, Instagram blocks certain words that it deems to be harmful to others. So, refrain from using such words on Instagram or on the internet in general. Contents containing credible threats to others, hate speech, doxing others on the platform, blackmailing or harassing someone or repeatedly sending unwanted messages might result in the blocking or banning of your Instagram account and you won’t be able to comment thereafter.
You can read the community guidelines here.
Switch to a VPN
Virtual Private Network tunnels your data through a private network thereby adding another layer of privacy. You can use a VPN to change your IP address and then try to comment again.
Wait it out
Usually, Instagram blocks you for about a day or so. You can try to comment after the block is over.
So, you have made a new Instagram account and want to quickly add friends and start commenting on the profiles of your near and dear ones. We advise you to go slow as Instagram limits account activities.
Check your internet connection
Your internet may be slow or is having some problems. In such case, you might want to talk to your Internet Service Provider or you can also check if Instagram is down via Downdetector.
If you like this article, then do share it with your friends and also comment below if you have other queries that you want us to cover.
Also read: What does 1st mean on Linkedin?