Here we explain how you can delete cookies on Google Chrome on PC and its smartphone app.
Delete cookies on Google Chrome (PC)
Here are the steps to delete cookies on Google Chrome via the PC.
Step 1: Open Google Chrome and then click on the three-dots button at the top right.Step 2: Click on Settings from the drop-down menu.Step 3: After that, select Advanced from the left sidebar. The option is located at the bottom of the sidebar. Step 4: Now, select Privacy and Settings from the sidebar.Step 5: Now, select the Site Settings option from the Privacy and security menu.Step 6: Here, click on Cookies and Site data.Step 7: Click on. See all cookies and data. Step 8: Click on Remove all at the top to delete all the cookies from Google Chrome.
How to block cookies from a specific website?
How to clear cookies automatically when you close Chrome?
If you want to clear cookie after you have closed Chrome, then turn the toggle on beside Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome option. Look at the screenshot below. How to turn off all cookies on Google Chrome?
If you do not want the websites to store cookies on your device in the future, then turn off the toggle beside Allow sites to save and read cookie data option at the top. Just check out the screenshot below. Also read: How to enable Chrome Extensions in incognito mode
How to delete cookies on Google Chrome app?
If you are using a smartphone, here are the steps to delete cookies on Google Chrome. Open the Chrome app and follow the steps mentioned below.
- On the top right corner, click on the three-dot button.
- On the menu, tap on History option.
- Tap on Clear browsing data on the top.
- After that, you will notice two options — Basic and Advance. The Basic option lets you clear the browsing history, Cookies and site data as well as cached images and files. In contrast, the Advanced option allows you to clear saved passwords and autofill form data, in addition to the three options mentioned above.
- Select the Time range — last hour, last 24 hours, previous seven days, last four weeks or all time. (This will clear the cache for the selected time).
- After selecting the options and the time range, tap on Clear data on the bottom right of the screen.
Also read: How to share live location in Google Maps?
How to block all cookie on Google Chrome app?
To block all cookies, go to three-dot > Settings > Site Settings > Cookies. Here, turn off the toggle beside Allow sites to save and read cookie data. Also, tap on the box beside Block third-party cookies so that a tick mark appears in the box — for extra protection. If you want to add an exception, tap on Add site exception and then type the address of the website.