With Google Account, you can access a wide range of products that Google provides. But, without getting into the reason why you might want to delete your Google account. Deleting your Google account is as easy as creating one, and in this article, we explain how you can delete your Google account in five simple steps.
Do read the article till the end where we have mentioned what will happen after you have deleted your account and points that you should remember before deleting your account.
Delete Google Account
Here are the steps to delete Google Account permanently. Go to myaccount.google.com, then sign in with your Google account and follow the steps below. Step 1: Once, you are signed in, click on the Data and personalisation option on the left sidebar. Step 2: Scroll down a bit and then select Delete a service or your account option from the Download, delete or make a plan for your data heading.Step 3: Here, click on Delete your account under the Delete your Google Account subheading.Step 4: Google will ask you to sign in again. Make sure to use the same account email that you want to delete.
Step 5: Now, read the instructions carefully. In this window, you will see all the links to your account. Scroll down to the bottom and then tick mark the two instructions in bold, which are as follows:
- Yes, I acknowledge that I am still responsible for any charges incurred due to any pending financial transaction, and I understand that under certain circumstances, my earnings won’t be paid out.
- Yes, I want to permanently delete this Google Account and all its data.
When you are done, click on Delete Account to permanently delete your Google Account. Also read: How to delete your Strava account?
What will happen after you have deleted your Google account?
After you have deleted Google account, the following will happen.
- You will lose all the contents and data that was linked to that account. This includes emails, YouTube channels, blogs, photos, calendars, among others.
- You will not be able to access any of the Google services with this account again. This includes Gmail, YouTube, Google Photos, Google Play Store, among others.
- You will lose all the subscriptions that you have bought using this account.
- Your data will not be saved on Google Drive after you have deleted the account.
Steps to remember before deleting your Google account
Here are the steps that you should keep in mind before deleting the Google account.
- Download and save all the data. To download the data, go to Google’s data download page (Google Takeaway) and then select the data that you want to download along with the format.
- Take care to notify the banks where you have given your account details.
- Make sure to cancel all the subscriptions from this account.
How to recover a deleted Google account?
In case, you want to recover your Google account, go to Google’s recover account page at the earliest. You can recover the deleted data if you take action promptly. However, if a considerable amount of time has passed, your data might be lost forever though you can use your recovered account. So, make sure to recover your account immediately.
You might also find these useful
- How to delete friends on Snapchat?
- How to delete your Mi account?
- How to delete your AOL account?
- How to deactivate or delete your Naukri.com account?
- How to deactivate and delete your Snapchat account?
- How to delete your Quora account?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.