In this fast-paced world of internet, popular social media platform have become obsolete, and new have emerged take their place. It is a well-known fact that the popularity of other more secure and feature-rich messaging apps like Whatsapp, Telegram and Signal, has resulted in a drop of active users on the New Delhi-based Hike messenger. If you are also jumping ship, here is how to delete your Hike account. However, if you are still sticking with Hike, we have also got something in this article for you — a neat trick to hide your chats in Hike and keep your privacy intact.
Delete your Hike account
To delete your Hike account, follow the steps given below.
- Open Hike app.
- On the top right corner, tap on the profile pic.
- Now, select the Account option located under the PREFERENCES tab.
- Tap on Delete Account.
- Enter your phone number and then tap on DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
- Give the final confirmation by pressing CONFIRM.
After you have deleted the account, you will return to the welcome screen where you will have to re-enter your details again.
How to hide chats on Hike?
To hide the chats, you will have to follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Setting up the chat lock
Hiding chat is one of the many exciting features of this app, and allow you to protect your chats with a password. The conversations will remain hidden until you re-enter the password and unhide them again. In this way, no third party will ever see what messages were exchanged.
To hide the chats in Hike, follow the steps given below.
- Open Hike app.
- On the top left corner, tap on Hi tab.
- Enter the type of lock protection that you want — pattern or a number pin.
- Re-enter it to confirm.
It’s that simple!
Step 2: Hiding the chats with the lock
Once you have successfully set-up the password, it is now time to select the chats that you want to password-protect. To hide the chats, follow the steps given below.
- Open the chats that you want to hide.
- On the top-right corner, tap on the three-dot button.
- Now, tap on the Hide chat option.
- Enter the password lock that you set up earlier.
Once you have entered the password code or pattern, the chat will vanish from the sight! To see the hidden chats again, press the Hi button on the top-left of the screen and enter the lock code. The chat will appear before you.
Also read: How to increase your reach on Instagram?
How to unhide the chats?
To unhide the chats, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the hidden chat.
- Tap on the three-dot button again.
- Select the Unhide chat option.
What to do if you forgot the password?
Hike provides you with the option of resetting the hidden mode of you have forgotten the password. The alternative looks viable, but there is one problem — all the hidden chats will be deleted in 30 min.
To reset hidden mode, follow the steps given below.
- Open the app.
- Click on the profile picture on the top right corner.
- Go to Privacy > Reset Hidden Mode.
- Give the confirmation.
In case, you somehow remember the password again, cancel the count down timer, but within 30 min.
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.