IMO messaging and video calling app, which also features a miniature social media that allows you to explore chatting with strangers as well as with people who share the same interests with you, has been around for a few years on Android, Windows, iOS and Mac and has created a niche with a few million active users. But if IMO doesn’t interest you anymore, there are other alternatives that you can check out, which include Signal, Helo, Telegram, among others.
However, before you make the switch, it’s a good idea to get rid of your account to ensure it’s not misused while you’re away. Check out our guide below to delete your IMO account in five easy steps.
How to delete your IMO account?
Follow the steps below to delete your IMO account.
- From any tab, tap on the hamburger (triple horizontal lines) icon on the bottom-left of the screen or tap on the More option if you’re on the Explore tab.
- On the next page, tap on Settings.
- Then tap on imo Account Settings.
- On the next page, tap on Delete imo Account.
- On the next page, enter the phone number that you’ve used to create the IMO account and then tap on Delete (on the top-right corner of the screen).
IMO is an instant messaging and video calling app, that lets users connect over the internet. It’s also a micro social media that features several public as well as private groups and a section where people can talk over different topics and with people who share similar interests. Users can also chat with people in their geolocation with the ‘who’s online’ feature. If you’re looking for alternatives to IMO, check out our list of apps here.
If you’re deleting your account because a few people on the app, it makes more sense to just block them or delete that contact from IMO. Check out our guide to block or unblock an IMO contact here and to delete an IMO contact here. If you value your privacy, you can also hide read receipts as well as last seen on IMO. To do that, check out our guide here.