Xiaomi offers its cloud services and various other features to customers via the Mi account. You can upload your contacts, photos, documents on the cloud and can access them as per your desire. However, with the plethora of services on offer, you might want to delete your Mi account if you already have some other cloud account or whatever the case may be. In this article, we will explain how you can delete your Mi account in a few simple steps.
Here are a few points that you should keep in mind before deleting the Mi account.
- Make sure that you save relevant data such as files, contacts, documents, among others first. You can go to the following location: i.mi.com. Here, you can see and download all the essential bits of data before deleting your account.
- All the services that you have linked with the Mi account will be removed.
- The Mi credits that you have purchased will be removed from the account.
- Any themes or other stuff that you have purchased will be removed, and you cannot access it again.
- Make sure that you note down all the passwords that you have saved in this account. All the passwords associated with the account and its services will be deleted.
- Apart from that, Mi will remove your purchase history from its servers, so make sure to make a copy of that.
- If you use some other Xiaomi device such as health bands and has connected that with your Mi account, make sure to unlink the device from the account.
- Remember, this deletion is permanent, and you cannot undo it.
- And last but not least, make sure that you have signed out of the Mi account from the devices. It is paramount that you do it because if you delete the account while being signed in, it can hamper the device’s performance. To sign out, go to Settings > Mi account > Sign out.
Now that you have understood what will happen to your account after you have deleted it let us proceed to the deletion process.
How to delete your Mi account?
Follow the steps given below to delete the Mi account.
Step 1: Go to account.xiaomi.com/pass/del from your smartphone or PC and then sign in with your Mi account or phone number.Step 2: Read the instructions carefully and then click on Yes, I want to permanently delete my Mi account and all its data and then click on Delete Mi account.Step 3: Next, click on Delete Account to delete the account permanently. Also read: How to delete saved passwords in Firefox?