OYO is a hotel aggregator company, founded in 2013 by Ritesh Agarwal and since has seen tremendous growth in terms of value and reach. As per the company, they have a network in over 230 Indian cities and many other countries including Malaysia, Nepal and USA.
Users can register themselves on the OYO app or the website, and then can browse for hotels as well as newly introduced homestays per their requirements.
We’ve been asked how to delete booking history in Oyo accounts as well as how to delete the accounts altogether. Without getting into details why we were asked the former, let me clear it out that there is indeed no official way to get rid of the Oyo booking history or the account.
Once you have booked the room through OYO, that will remain for eternity, because they want you to reminiscence all the stays and hence you won’t be able to delete the booking history as it is also required for the booking record. However, there are a few workarounds that could prove useful to you.
How to delete your OYO account and booking history?
You cannot delete the account, but you can still change the information on the current account and logout from the app. For those looking to get rid of the booking history, this workaround might just be your answer too as you can always get rid of the current account and start again with a new one. To change your details, follow the steps given below.
- Open OYO app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top left corner.
- Tap on your name that will appear. This will show you all the details that you have provided to OYO.
- On the top right corner, tap on Edit option.
- Now, change each detail there — Email address, name, phone number, city, marital status, among others.
- Save the new information by tapping on SAVE option on the top right.
- Next, logout from the app. You will find the logout option at the bottom.
- After logging out, you can choose to uninstall the app, or you can make a new ID, and the old you will be logged out and inaccessible from the app until you log in again.
When logging in from the new ID, you will start afresh with no previous bookings to bother you. If you just wished to get rid of an Oyo account under your name and attached to your identity, you would’ve successfully done that too.
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.