Messenger has been Facebook’s messaging platform for quite some time now. Packed with all the features you’d expect a present-day messaging app to have, it’s the one place you can catch up with your friends.
The latest update adds cross-platform messaging as well allowing you to message your friends over on Instagram straight from Messenger.
However, with a rising number of people in your contacts, you might want to get rid of some unwanted ones. In this article, we’re going to talk about how to remove people from your contacts in Messenger.
Also read: How to open a Facebook account?
How to remove phone contacts from Messenger?
If you’ve got your phone contacts all mixed up on your Messenger contact list, here’s how you can sort it by deleting a few.
- Open Messenger and tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner. This will bring up the settings menu.
- Scroll down until you find Phone Contacts.
- Tap on Manage Contacts
- Here you can see all your contacts that are linked with Messenger and remove the ones you want.
You can also disable the Upload Contacts setting to stop Messenger from syncing any new contacts you add to your phone.
Do keep in mind that if you end up removing any contacts that you were recently talking to, their chats are going to stay in your inbox until you delete them.
Also read: How to make a Facebook event public?
How to remove Facebook friends from Messenger.
Removing your Facebook friends from Messenger requires you to unfriend them on Facebook itself. Here’s how.
- Launch the Facebook app and search for the friend you are looking to remove.
- Once on the profile, tap on the friend icon and select Unfriend from the list.
You’ll see that they have been removed from your Messenger contacts. If you already had a recent conversation with this person, however, that’s going to stay in your inbox.