Snapchat has emerged as one of the most used social networks, owing to its snappy features that allow users to share photos with their friends and fans instantly. Sharing stories is the easiest way to share what’s happening in your life.
My story is one of the most used features by Snapchat, which was replicated across many other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp and now Twitter.
While the snaps you add to your story on Snapchat are set to auto-delete 24 hours after you share them, you can delete them manually beforehand. Snapchat introduced the Stories feature back in October 2013. It was a new way to share your pictures and videos with your friends.
The basic difference between stories and snaps is that while the former is a compilation of moments you want to share with your friends and fans, the latter is single or multiple images sent to selected friends.
While stories are a great way to engage, if you’ve sent out the wrong image in the story or want to make some edits and re-upload, here is how to delete a story on Snapchat.
How to delete Snapchat Story?
Launch the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to delete your Snapchat story.
- Tap on your profile icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Then on the next screen, you will see all the stories you uploaded, then tap on the story you want to delete.
- On the story page, tap on the three-dot (meatball) menu icon.
- On the next screen, three options will pop up; tap on the Delete button.
- Then a confirmation message will appear; tap on the Delete button to delete the story.
Your selected story will now be deleted from Snapchat. To confirm, go to your profile page and see if the story appears under the My Story section.
Also read: How to report a Snapchat account?