Facebook-owned Whatsapp is a messaging app with VOIP as well as video calling features, which is used by over a billion active users worldwide — not only making it the most popular messaging app, but also one of the most popular apps overall. The service is rivalled by a few other messaging apps, which are dwarfed by its size.
You can also use Whatsapp Business, another version designed especially for businesses. Whatsapp can also be used on a computer via its web version. In this article, we will explain how you can create as well as delete Whatsapp group.
Also read: Why I chose YoWhatsApp over other WhatsApp mods?
How to delete a Whatsapp Group?
Here is how you can delete the Whatsapp group is you are a group admin.
- Open Whatsapp group.
- Tap on the group name at the top.
- Now, remove each participant of the group one by one. To do that, long-tap on the group member’s name and then tap on Remove option from the menu. You have to do that for each of the group members.
- Once, you have removed all the group members, tap on Exit group option and then confirm it by again tapping on EXIT.
- You will see a message that you are no longer a part of the group and below that message, there will be a Delete group option. Tap on it and then confirm by again tapping on DELETE.
By following the above steps, you will be able to delete the Whatsapp group with ease. You can follow a similar process for all the groups that you are an admin.
Also read: How to change the language on Netflix?
Delete Whatsapp Group without admin permissions
You cannot delete the group from its existence if you are not an admin. However, you can remove yourself from the group and then delete the group so that you cannot see it. To remove yourself and then delete the group from your sight, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Whatsapp group.
- Tap on the group name.
- Now, scroll down and then tap on Exit group and then confirm again by tapping on Exit.
- Once you have exited the group, a Delete group option will be shown. Just tap on the Delete group option and then confirm by pressing on Delete.
By following the above steps, you can remove yourself from the group and then delete it. But you should keep in mind that the group is still active and is just removed from your Whatsapp.
Also read: How to get free Google Play credit?
How to create a Whatsapp group?
Just in case you’re unable to create a Whatsapp group, here is a bonus guide, just for you.
- Open Whatsapp.
- Tap on the select contact option at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, tap on New group option, which is located at the top of the screen.
- Add the contacts to the group and then press the arrow button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Type the group name and then tap on tick mark.
Congratulations! You have created a new group.
Hope you liked this article! You can check out more such detailed how-to’s in our tech basic section.
Also Read: Every Windows 7 shortcut you must know