WordPress is a powerful tool through which you can build a website. Apart from building a website, WordPress also provides other features such as plugins and cool themes.
Continuing with the WordPress 101 series, today, we explain how you can delete your WordPress account — using the Pc or Android.
Do read the article till the end to get a detailed idea.
How to delete a WordPress site?
To delete your WordPress site or blog, you will have to either use the web version or the app. Let us begin with the web version.
Delete WordPress blog via PC
To delete the WordPress site on a computer, you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Log in to WordPress website.
- On the left panel, click on Manage.
- On the drop-down menu, go to the Settings option.
- Scroll to the bottom and then click on Delete your Site permanently.
- If you want to keep the contents, then click on Export, otherwise scroll to the bottom and click on Delete Site.
Note: Once you delete the site, it is permanent and cannot be undone. So, decide considerable thinking on the matter. Also, if you have a running website, we will advise you to export the contents first.
Delete WordPress blog via the Android app
If you are using the WordPress app and want to delete the website from the app, then follow the instructions given below.
- Scroll below and tap on Settings option.
- Once you have tapped on the Settings option, scroll down at the end and tap on Delete Site.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking on Yes.
With these steps, you can easily delete your WordPress site.
Note: If you are a premium WordPress member and have a hosted site, you cannot delete your site through the WordPress platform. To delete your website, you will have to log in to your web host provider such as GoDaddy, HostGator, among others.
Hope you like this detailed and step-by-step article. Do tell us in the comments if there is any other topic that you would like us to write upon.
Also Read: WordPress 101: How to change the footer?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.