If you are a QuickBooks Online user, you might have encountered the Delivery error: Delivery server down issue when sending invoices or other forms via email.
This error can be frustrating and affect your business operations, especially when sending urgent or time-sensitive documents.
This article will explain what causes this error, how to fix it, and how to prevent it from happening again.
What causes the Delivery error: Delivery server down issue?
The Delivery error: Delivery server down issue occurs when QuickBooks Online cannot connect to the email server used to send your documents. This can happen due to various reasons, such as:
- The email server is temporarily unavailable or undergoing maintenance.
- The email server has blocked QuickBooks Online from sending emails due to security reasons or spam filters.
- The email settings in QuickBooks Online are incorrect or outdated.
- The internet connection is slow or unstable.
Also read: Doordash error validating basket: Quick Fix
How to fix the Delivery error: Delivery server down issue?
Depending on the cause of the error, there are different solutions that you can try to fix it. Here are some of the most common ones:
Check the status of the email server
If the email server is down or undergoing maintenance, you will have to wait until it is back online before sending your documents. You can check the status of the email server by visiting its website or contacting its support team.
Check your email address format
Ensure that your company email and all customer-facing email fields are complete, have the correct format, and don’t have prefixes.
To check this, follow the instructions given below:
- Head to Settings > Account and Settings > Company.
- Select Contact info and then check the email format. The correct email format is as follows — [email protected].
Adhering to these instructions ensures that your email fields are complete, correctly formatted, and free of any unnecessary prefixes.
Check the email settings in QuickBooks Online
Ensure that the email address, password, and other details are correct and match the ones you use to log in to your email account.
You can check and update your email settings by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Account and Settings > Company.
- Select the Communications tab and click Edit in the Email section.
- Enter your email address, password, and other details as required.
- Click Save and Done.
Turn off Attach Invoice as PDF option
To disable the Attach Invoice as PDF option, follow these steps:
- Click on the Gear icon located at the top and then select Account and Settings under Your Company.
- Now, head to Sales to access the online delivery settings.
- Click the Pencil icon in the Online Delivery panel.
- Ensure that the checkbox next to Attach as PDF is unchecked.
Some additional tips to fix the Delivery server down issue:
Here are some additional tips that will help you fix the Delivery server down issue in Quickbooks online:
- Ensure that the file size remains less than 25 MB.
- Avoid the use of zip files.
- Do not use special characters in the file attachment.
Also read: Doordash FastPay not working: Quick Fix