We all have used Microsoft PowerPoint at least once in our lifetime. I still remember vividly how much I loved to use it while I was in my school. We used to insert little bits of music to make our presentation cool to fetch more marks. Gone are the days where you had to upload the music or video from the PC — now you can embed the videos directly from the Youtube, Vimeo, Microsoft Stream, among others. This definitely will give a more refreshing feel to your presentation.
Below is a step-by-step way that will help you insert Youtube videos in your Powerpoint presentation.
How to embed a Youtube video in PowerPoint 2019 (Office 365)?
Before continuing with the guide you should know that these instructions are for the users of Powerpoint in Office 365. Also, note that you can insert the videos from Vimeo by following the procedures given below.
To embed Youtube videos in PowerPoint, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Youtube video that you want to embed in PowerPoint.
- Copy the Youtube video URL.
- Now, open PowerPoint in Office 365 and then select the slide where you want to embed the video.
- Click on the Insert tab located at the top of the screen and a new toolbar will open. (Check the screenshot to get an idea).
- On the toolbar, go to the Video option, which is located at top-right of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Online Video option, which will open a new dialogue box.
- In the new dialogue box, enter the URL of the Youtube video that you have copied.
- Click on Insert to complete the process.
Note: This embedded video plays directly from the website, and thus features the same playback controls. Powerpoint playback features such as Fade, Bookmark and Trim, among others, do not work on embedded videos.
You’ll also need to be online in order to be able to play this embedded video inside your presentation.
How to embed a Youtube video in PowerPoint 2016?
There are two ways to embed Youtube video in PowerPoint 2016, which are as follows:
Copying the video embed code
In case you are using PowerPoint 2016, most of the steps are same except for the last two steps, which we will explain below.
After you have clicked on the Online Video. (Insert > Video > Online Video), you will be presented with two options — YouTube and From a Video Embed Code. While in the former option, you’ll need to enter the name of the video in the adjacent search box (as explained below), you’ll need to fetch the embed code of the video for the latter and paste it in the adjacent box. After doing that, you will see a video rectangle, which you can adjust as per your liking.
To get the embed code of a YouTube video, click on the Share button below the video and then select the first option — Embed — which will fetch an embed code of the video. Copy the entire embed code (you can also use the copy button there) and paste it in the box besides From a Video Embed Code. To preview the video, right-click on the video and then select the Preview option from the menu.
Searching the videos from Youtube directly
To search and embed the Youtube video directly, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Insert > Videos > Online Video.
- After that, enter the name of the video in the Youtube option.
- Click Insert to complete the process.
Also Read: How to post on Reddit and delete a post?
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]