The dark mode feature has been subject to much fanfare in the past few months, with iOS and Android both bringing a system setting to turn the entire phone and supported apps to dark mode as well as standalone apps bringing dark mode support with in-app settings.
Whatsapp is also one such app which decided to add dark mode to its slew of features, as this mode is said to cause less eye strain. You can enable the dark mode on Whatsapp for iOS and Android by following the steps mentioned below.
How to enable dark mode on WhatsApp for Android?
Follow the steps below to enable dark mode on Whatsapp for Android.
- On the Whatsapp homepage, tap on the three vertical dots (action overflow) menu icon on the upper right-hand side.
- From the dropdown menu, tap on Settings.
- On the next page, tap on Chats.
- On the next page, tap on Theme.
- A dialogue box will appear in which you need to select Dark to enable the dark mode. However, if your device is running Android 10, you can also set it to System default if you’ve got the Dark mode activated on your device.
- Then tap on Ok to confirm the changes.
How to enable dark mode on WhatsApp for iOS?
For iOS 13 users, the Whatsapp app will directly switch to dark-themed mode once you update your phone. This will happen if your entire system is dark mode activated. The following steps will help you enable the dark mode system-wide.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Then tap on the Display & Brightness option.
- In the next page, tap on Dark, so that a blue tick appears beneath the option.
Dark mode will be enabled throughout the phone now, and any apps that support dark mode will carry forward the system default setting, You can enable or disable dark mode through the Control Centre also.
You can’t enable or disable the dark mode feature on Whatsapp in-app. Whatsapp will appear in a dark theme when the system-wide dark mode feature is enabled on your iPhone.
Pursuing Bachelor’s in Accounts & Finance. To relieve stress I listen to music. Enjoying life to the fullest.