As an avid sports fan, it can be frustrating if you are facing the ESPN app not working on Samsung TV issue.
In this article, we will show you some possible solutions to the problem of the ESPN app not working on Samsung TV. We will also explain why this issue may occur and how to prevent it in the future.
ESPN app not working on Samsung TV: Possible causes
Here are some of the most common causes of why the ESPN app isn’t working:
- Slow internet.
- Outdated ESPN app.
- Cluttered ESPN app cache.
- Minor bug in the Samsung TV.
- Outdated firmware.
Also read: How to restart a Samsung TV?
ESPN app not working on Samsung TV: Possible fixes
Now that we have understood the possible reasons for the problem, let us now head to the fixes.
Check your internet connection
Make sure that there is no network issue at your end. For that, there are certain things that you must first take care of:
- First, make sure that there isn’t any internet outage in your area. You can ask your Internet Service Provider for the information or you can visit their website.
- If there is no outage, then it is time to check the hardware to make sure that they are not damaged. Check all the hardware associated with the internet connection. That includes your router, modem, power cable, and the main power source, among others. Ensure that all the hardware is undamaged and working properly. If you notice any damage, change it asap.
- If the hardware is fine, then it is time to check the connections. Make sure that the cables are secured firmly in the proper ports.
- Sometimes, there is too much distance between the WiFi and the receiving device. Make sure that the distance is less. Or, you can directly connect the internet to your computer as it provides a more stable speed compared to WiFi.
- Also, remove any other electronic appliances that might interfere with the WiFi signals. While you are at it, place the WiFi on a raised platform so that the devices catch signals seamlessly.
- If there are many devices connected to your network, remove them before playing games on the internet as the devices share the limited bandwidth of the plan. You can also think of upgrading your existing internet plan.
Power cycle your Samsung TV
Sometimes a simple restart of your TV can fix any software glitches that may be affecting your Netflix streaming. Just turn off your Samsung TV, unplug it from the power outlet, and leave it for a few minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on.
Update the ESPN app
Another way to fix the ESPN app not working on Samsung TV issue is to update the app. Check if there are any updates available for the ESPN app on your Samsung TV.
To do this, navigate to the app store on your TV, locate the ESPN app, and install any pending updates.
Reinstall the ESPN app
Removing and then reinstalling the ESPN app is another potential troubleshooting tip. To reinstall the ESPN app on your Samsung TV, follow the steps given below:
- Open the App Store on your Samsung TV and then select the Settings icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select ESPN and then click on Reinstall.
If this does not fix the ESPN app not working on Samsung TV problem, move on to the next steps.
Update the Samsung TV firmware
Outdated firmware can cause various issues with the Samsung TV. To ensure that the Samsung TV is working properly, you should regularly update the firmware. Here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Using your Samsung TV remote, select Settings.
Step 2: Now, go to Support > Software Update.
Step 3: After that, select the Update Now option.
This may take several minutes depending on the speed of the internet and the size of the update. Do not turn off the TV while the update is processing. For more information and ways to update Samsung firmware, head to this Samsung page.
Reset the Smart Hub
Another way to resolve the problem of ESPN not working on Samsung TV is to reset the Smart Hub on Samsung TV:
Step 1: Head to the Settings of your Samsung TV and select Support.
Step 2: Select the Device Care option.
Step 3: Now, select Self Diagnosis.
Step 4: Finally, select the Reset Smart Hub option.
Contact ESPN or Samsung support
Also read: How to fix a TV with no sound but picture?
Additional tips to fix the ESPN app not working on Samsung TV
Below are some additional tips to fix the issue:
- Make sure that your TV is compatible with the ESPN app: The ESPN app is not compatible with all Samsung TVs. You can check the compatibility list on the ESPN website.
- Try using a different streaming device: If the ESPN app is not working on your Samsung TV, you can try using a different streaming device, such as a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Apple TV.
- Check the ESPN+ server status: If the ESPN+ servers are down, you will not be able to watch any content on the app. You can check the ESPN+ server status on the ESPN website or from any third-party website like Downdetector.
Also read: Who makes Insignia TV? Are they good?