Hogwarts Legacy is an action role-playing video game set in the wizarding world of Harry Potter. The game is developed by Avalanche Software and is released for Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Some players have reported issues with mods not working in Hogwarts Legacy. You are in the right place if you face a similar problem with the mods. In this article, we will provide you with quick fixes so that you can resume your gaming experience.
Mods are a popular way to enhance your gameplay and customise your gaming experience. They allow players to add new features to the game, improve graphics, and even change the storyline of the game. However, not all mods are compatible with all the games, and sometimes they can cause issues.
Hogwarts Legacy Mods not working: Possible causes
Here are some of the possible causes of why the Hogwarts Legacy Mods aren’t working properly:
- Compatibility issues: As mentioned earlier, not all mods are compatible with all the games. If you have downloaded such a mod, there will be gameplay problems.
- Installation errors: Mods may not have been installed correctly which might lead to conflicts with other game files and even other mods.
- Corrupted game files: If the game files are corrupted, the mods will not work as intended and cause errors.
- Incomplete installation: If the mod installation is incomplete or there is a file missing from the installation, it may not work properly.
- Antivirus or security software: Sometimes, the antiviruses or other security software may interfere with the working of the mods, causing them not to work correctly.
- Outdated mods: Mods may be outdated or not updated to work with the latest version of the game, causing issues like crashing.
- Game updates: Sometimes, game updates can lead to compatibility issues with the mods.
Now, let us proceed to the possible fixes to the Hogwarts Legacy mods not working issue.
Hogwarts Legacy Mods not working: Possible fixes
Here are some fixes that you can try to resolve the Hogwarts Mods not working issue:
Remove the mod
If you ever encounter a mod-related problem in a game, your first step should be to remove the mod. To delete a mod in Hogwarts Legacy, go to c:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Hogwarts Legacy\Phoenix\Content\Paks\~mods and delete the mod files you copied earlier.
Usually, this works in most cases and users have reported having a seamless gaming experience after removing the mod files. But if you are among the minority of users who didn’t benefit from this fix, then move on to other points.
Verify game files
Verifying the game files ensures that they are not corrupted or missing. You can verify the Hogwarts Legacy game files using the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Head over to your Steam Library, right-click on Hogwarts Legacy and select Properties.
Step 2: Head over to the Local Files tab.
Step 3: Click on Verify integrity of local files… and let Steam do its thing.
Note that we have posted the screenshots of CS: GO But you can follow the same methods while verifying the files of Hogwarts Legacy.
Reinstall the mod
Once the game files have been verified, you can again reinstall the game mod. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully, and test the mod to see if it’s working properly.
Here are the steps to reinstall a mod in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Head over to the mod website and then select the mod that you want to install.
- Once you have downloaded the mod, read the instructions carefully. You can find the instruction in the Readme text file.
- Now, copy and paste the mod files to the following path: Phoenix > Content > Paks folder.
We advise you to first back up your game files before you install any mods to avoid any loss of game data.
Disable the anti-virus software
Antivirus software has become a necessity for any device. However, this software might interfere with the working of some apps and games.
Usually, disabling the antivirus software resolves the issues promptly. If you are facing any such mod-related problem, try this fix and see if it works. Just locate the software and then select the option to Pause or Disable Protection. Note that the steps may vary depending on the antivirus software you have.
It’s important to note that turning off your antivirus can leave your computer vulnerable to security threats, so it’s recommended to only do this temporarily and turn it back on as soon as you are done with the gaming.
If you follow the instructions carefully, you will be able to resolve the Hogwarts Legacy mods not working issue.
Also read: Instagram Reels not working: Quick Fix
Frequently answered questions (FAQs):
Now, let us dive into some frequently answered questions that people ask on various search engines related to this topic:
Does Hogwarts Legacy support mods?
Yes, Hogwarts Legacy supports mods. You can visit any mod website and download the mod for the game.
Where do I put Hogwarts Legacy mods?
Once you have downloaded and unzipped the mod files, paste them to Phoenix > Content > Paks folder.
What are some popular mods for Hogwarts Legacy?
Here are some popular mods for Hogwarts Legacy:
- Silencio: A mod to disable Ignatia’s dialogue.
- DLSS Update: You can use this mod for better game performance.
- Mouse Control for Broom: A mod to make flying easier.
- Paler and Darker Skins for characters: A mod for more skin shade options.
- Thomas Broom: Turn your broom into Thomas the tank engine.
- Shrek Broom: Turn your broom into Shrek
Also read: How to use Magmium in Shadow Fight 3?