As an Instagram user, you could have many accounts under your or your company’s name, for example. Or maybe you want to manage Instagram accounts for your different hobbies separately.
If you are such a person, you may wonder how many Instagram accounts you can have.
In this article, we’ll answer this question in detail.
Number of Instagram accounts that you can have
Simply put, there is no restriction on the number of Instagram accounts you can create. However, you can only link up to five Instagram accounts with a single email address at any given time.
If you have multiple email addresses, you can increase the number of Instagram accounts by multiplying the number of emails by five.
You can add these accounts directly from the platform and switch between them quickly in just a few taps.
Also read: How to edit Instagram comments?
How to create and link multiple Instagram accounts to one primary account?
Now that we know there is a limit of five Instagram accounts per email, here are the steps to create these accounts.
- Open the Instagram app and then tap on your profile picture at the bottom right of the screen.
- Next, tap the hamburger menu button at the top right and select Settings and privacy.
- Scroll to the bottom and then tap on Add account.
- Then, select Create a new account. Select your username and password for this new account and follow the on-screen instructions to finalise your new account.
You can use the above steps to create up to five Instagram accounts linked to your current email.
Another way to add an account is to head to your profile picture and then tap on the downward arrow at the top in front of your username. After that, select Add account.
Yet another way to add an account is to head to Settings and Privacy and then to Accounts Center > Add more accounts.
Also read: How is Threads different from Instagram?
How to manage more than one Instagram account?
Now that you have created another Instagram account, you should learn how to manage more than one Instagram account from the app.
Here are the steps:
- Open Instagram and then tap on your profile picture.
- Next, tap the downward arrow beside your user name at the top and select another account from the menu.
Also read: How long can Instagram reels be?
Some tips if you’re using multiple Instagram accounts
Now that we have understood how many Instagram accounts you can have, how to create them and finally, how to switch among them.
In this section, we’ll talk about some tips that you should keep in mind while managing multiple accounts on Instagram or other social media:
- Each account should have a different purpose and theme. If all your accounts showcase similar themes, then it would bore your audience. For example, if you’re a working lady, you can create one account to showcase your life, one for your work (if the workplace allows), and one for hobbies.
- Each account should have privacy settings according to its needs. For example, your account should usually be private, while the hobbies account can be public. You get the idea.
- Ensure that you do not confuse the accounts while posting online. For example, the posts meant for your private account should not go to your public account and vice versa.
- Always remain vigilant while posting on social media. You shouldn’t display private details like phone numbers, addresses, or emails while posting on Instagram or any other social network.
An individual, indeed, has many facets and avenues. Instagram offers a way to show them all to the audience and gradually build a solid and loyal follower base. This is why Instagram allows multiple accounts to be linked to the same email. Use this feature while following the tips mentioned above and respecting your and other’s privacy.