League of Legends is one of the most popular MOBA games. Here, players compete with each other to destroy the Nexus of the opponent. The team that destroys the Nexus wins the game.
Like most of the games in this category, League of Legends offers a variety of skins for the champions. In this article, we discuss the types and the number of skins that you can buy.
How many skins are there in League of Legends?
Currently, League of Legends has 2148 skins.
Given that there are more than 160 champions in the game, it is not surprising that some champions are great in the skin department while others lag significantly here. For instance, Ezreal adorns more than 16 skins while champions such as Bel’Veth, Rell and Renata have only one skin.
Also read: Can you play League of Legends on Mac?
How many types of skins are there in League of Legends?
League of Legends offers several skin types for the players. Here are some of the skin types that you can buy:
- Classic Skins: These are the classics of the game. Some of the skins are old and are available with some minor upgrades. Most of these skins are available by default.
- Budget Skins: For those who do not want to spend much on skins but want an intermediate cool level. Budget skins cost more than classic skins.
- Standard Skins: Opt for these skins if you want some animations and VFX cover over the classic skins.
- Epic Skins: From here the expensive ones start. Epic skins offer a complete overhaul of the champion’s look and feel. To buy these skins, you have to shed 1350 Riot Points (RP).
- Legendary Skins: If you like special sound effects along with awesome graphics, this is the right choice for you. Legendary skins cost somewhere around 1820 RP and are super cool and fun to toy with.
- Ultimate Skins: For most pro players, this is where it all culminates. Ultimate skins cost around 3250 RP and usually include a skin-specific user interface for the user. I have personally used Ezreal’s Pulsefire skin and it looked stupendous.
Apart from these skins, League of Legends has some other interesting skin types:
- Legacy Skins: These skins are sold only on special occasions with a limited sale window.
- Mythic Skins: You can unlock these skins by Hextech crafting, a reward system by Riot Games.
- Reward Skins: When you increase your level by playing ranked games in LoL, you get these skins.
- Chroma Skins: Chroma Skins are nothing but a more colourful version of classic skins. You can buy these skins individually or as a Chroma Pack for a discounted price.
- Prestige Skins: You can earn these skins through the Loot showcase events or by earning some Mythic Essence.
Also read: What is Tenacity in LOL?
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]