Groups on Facebook are a place where people can connect with other people with similar interests, they can learn and share different things about their common interests and also learn other things and develop new interests. You can create a group or join a group, there are groups available for most things on Facebook. You have to be an admin of the group to change its name.
In this article, we have discussed how to change the name of a Facebook group on the desktop and mobile app in a few simple steps.
Also read: Facebook Pay not working: Quick Fix
How to change the name of a FB group on the desktop?
If you want to change your FB group’s name on the desktop then follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open your Facebook account on your desktop and then click on the group whose name you want to change.
Step 2: Click on the Settings tab located in the menu on the left side of the screen, it is possible that the Settings tab in the menu might already be rolled down if that’s the case then you can jump to the next step.
Step 3: Under the Settings tab, click on the Group Settings option.
Step 4: Click on the Edit (Pencil) icon beside the Name and description.
Step 5: Enter the name you want for your group and then click on the Save button. You can also add a description of your group.
Also read: What does FS mean on Snapchat?
How to change the name of a FB group in the mobile app?
If you want to know how to change the name of a FB group in the mobile app then follow the steps below.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile phone and log in to your Facebook account and then tap on the Menu (hamburger) icon.
- In the menu, tap on the Groups tab.
- Select the group whose name you want to change.
- On the next screen, tap on the Shield icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the Group settings option under Settings.
- On the Group settings screen tap on the Name and Description option.
- Edit the name and then tap on the Save button located at the top right corner of the screen.
Also read: What does it mean when someone pokes you on Facebook?