Website development isn’t an easy thing by a long shot. First of all, the website developers charge a considerable amount of money and even after that there is no assurance that you’ll get a website that will meet your expectations. Also, after the deployment of the site, you’ll need to pay the developer to maintain and update the website now and then. Or else do it all on your own if you’re tech-savvy enough and have time on your hands.
So, is there any way by which you can save your money and create a beautiful website? Yes. You can create a website yourself and that too, without having to learn any programming knowledge. There are many website builders available on the internet that provide this service. All you have to do is create an account and start building your dream website yourself.
But what are the features? Which is the best website builder? And is it free of cost? In this article, we’ll answer all your questions. Here we’ve compared the top three website builders of 2019 based on their features, pricing and user-friendliness. Read on to find out which one might be best suited for your needs and start creating your website.
Also read: Top 7 IDEs and Text Editors to code
Headquartered in Tel-Aviv, Wix was founded by Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami, and Giora Kaplan in the year 2006. It allows users to create HTML5 and mobile websites via easy drag and drop tools. It has hundreds of templates and provides fantastic tools to build and sell through your website. Wix is suitable for beginners, and one can easily create personal portfolios and small business websites.
- Wix provides an extensive set of site templates, with more than 500 tailored website design options.
- Very user-friendly and easy to use. It provides the drag-and-drop feature, and you can customise your website in almost all permutations and combinations.
- Wix provides features like various payment methods, customizable audio/video player; you can upload your files in the media gallery, it also provides online ordering for restaurants and many more features which you can explore.
- Wix support replies within 24 hours of generating a ticket.
- Wix also provides a decent uptime of approximately 99.98%.
- Wix provides you with a free domain, but if you want, you can also attach your custom domain with your website for reasonable charges. It offers free and paid plans depending on the requirements.
- Wix does not provide live chat, but 24/7 phone and tickets support is provided.
You can find Wix here.
Also read: Top 10 websites to pick up a new skill
Constantcontact.com was first founded as Roving Software in the year 1995. In 2004, it was renamed to its present name. It is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. It helps the businesses to keep in touch with clients regularly and helps in maintaining and bringing clients. It allows businesses to contact clients periodically through email marketing or social media. It recently launched its website builder tool, and it proved to be one of the best website builders of all times.
- Constant Contact has no restrictions for bandwidth or maximum storage in the free plan.
- Constant Contact’s AI can automatically extract images and videos from the Facebook page of the user.
- Constant Contact is easy and straightforward to use. It has modern templates.
- Constant Contact does not show any advertisements even on the free website.
- Constant Contact provides phone, chat and email support 24/7.
- Constant Contact provides free and paid plans depending on the requirements.
- Constant Contact does not provide phone support in the free plan.
You can find Constant Contact here.
Also read: Top 7 sites to download free PC games
Site123.com is a well-known name in the website builder market. It focuses on one goal: empower businesses and professionals to get a good-looking, fully-functional website up quickly and efficiently. It helps in building a responsive and search engine optimised website.
- Site123 provides more than 250 website design themes.
- Site123 provides features like customizable audio/video player and gallery.
- Site123 provides tools to easily reorder pages or posts by simply clicking and dragging in just a few minutes.
- Site123 also provides a decent uptime of approximately 99.97%.
- Site123 provides free and paid plans depending on the requirements.
- Site123 does not have proper customer support. Many times, you will get only the auto-generated answers to your queries.
You can find Site123 here.
Squarespace is a company based in New York City that provides website building and hosting facilities. It has many pre-built website templates and also contains drag and drop option to create webpages. Current Headquarters of Squarespace is in Manhattan. It was founded as a company in 2004.
- Square Space provides many options for photography portfolios and wedding planners.
- Square Space provides 200+ professional themes.
- Square Space provides tools to customise the website in just a few minutes easily.
- Square Space also provides a decent uptime of approximately 99.98%.
- Square Space is one of the fastest with an average speed of 326ms.
- Square Space has expensive plans which may not be suitable for startups and individuals.
You can find Squarespace here.
Weebly.com provides web hosting service, which is specially designed for online shopping. Its headquarter is in San Francisco. It was founded in the year 2006 by Dave Rusenko, Chris Fanini and Dan Veltri to provide all the students with an online portfolio. It has more than 45 million users currently.
- Weebly provides useful templates with the drag-and-drop option.
- Weebly provides intuitive editor feature by using which it becomes effortless to customise site content and make a dream website.
- Weebly provides unlimited bandwidth and storage at a very cheap cost.
- Weebly also provides a decent uptime of approximately 99.97%.
- Weebly also provides free and paid plans depending on the requirements.
- Weebly has only 60 themes.
You can find Weebly here.
Which one’s better?
All these website builders pack some excellent features as per the requirements of the user. Keeping the features, pricing, and support in mind, Wix.com proves to come out on top among website builders in 2019, and that is the reason why it is trusted by more than 100 million users worldwide. But you can also try other website builders and see which one suits you the best. Which one would you choose? Let us know in the comments section.
A coder by profession and a photographer by passion. Himanshu is currently pursuing engineering in Computer Science and has in-depth knowledge of Software Development and Android App Development. He is fond of technology and loves to stay up to date with the modern tech.