With the rapid progress of digital payment methods, the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) has become a game-changer in India’s financial world. UPI enables users to easily transfer money, pay bills, and make purchases using their smartphones. PhonePe is one of the top digital payment platforms and has become highly popular for its user-friendly interface and secure transactions.
If you are new to PhonePe and want to create your UPI ID, we have made a step-by-step guide to help you create a UPI on PhonePe.
What is UPI ID
UPI IDs make it easy for customers and merchants to exchange payments. Each UPI ID, also known as Virtual Payments Address (VPA), is unique to every individual. Instead of sharing bank details, people can give their UPI ID to receive payments from others, like friends or family.
Creating a UPI ID is simple; download a UPI app like Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, CRED, etc., on your mobile phone and register. Having a bank account is necessary to use UPI services for sending and receiving payments. With UPI IDs, you no longer need to share sensitive bank information like the account number, IFSC code, or branch address for money transfers.
Also read: What is PhonePe’s daily transaction limit?
Create a UPI on PhonePe
When you add a bank account to PhonePe, it will automatically create a UPI with the linked bank account. To create a UPI ID on PhonePe, it is necessary to have an account on PhonePe, here’s how to create a PhonePe account and how to add basic details on PhonePe.
- Open PhonePe and tap on the Profile icon.
- Under Payment Methods, tap on Add Bank Account button.
- All the banks will appear; select the bank linked to your Phone number. If you have more than one bank account linked to that phone number, then select the bank that you want to use with PhonePe, it is your choice.
- It will find the registered bank account and create a UPI ID automatically, to edit the UPI ID tap on Edit beside the created UPI ID and then tap on Proceed to Add button.
If you have linked the phone number to another UPI app then it will give a message just above the Proceed to Add button, check or uncheck the box according to your needs.
- Set the pin for your UPI ID and then tap on the Done button.
Also read: How to remove a bank account from PhonePe?