The VLC media player has been the preferred choice of the public for decades. We all have watched our favourite TV series and movies using this media player.
In this article, we are moving further with our VLC tutorials and will tell you how to cut video and change language in VLC media player.
How to cut a part of the video using VLC?
To cut the video, follow the steps given below.
- Open the video using the VLC media player.
- Go to View > Advanced Controls. This will open a set of control options on the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the red Record button as shown in the screenshot above — the first click will start the recording and the second click on the same button will end the recording.
Note: Do not pause the video while recording. The video has to play to complete the recording.
How can I access the recording?
- Go to Tools option.
- Select the Preferences option.
- Now, select the Input/Codecs option.
- Here, click on Browse option in the Record Directory or filename subheading.
Also read: VLC Keyboard shortcuts: A comprehensive list
How to change the language in VLC?
With VLC media player, you can change the language to your preferred one. By default, the English language is selected To change the language, follow the steps given below.
- Open VLC media player.
- Go to Tools option and a drop-down menu will open up.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Preferences option. (Shortcut key to directly access Preferences option is Ctrl+P).
- In the Interface option, under the Language subheading, you can choose from a variety of languages by scrolling.
- Now, restart VLC and you will be able to use VLC in your selected language.
Hope this tutorial helped you! We will bring more such tutorials in future. Let us know if you’d like us to cover anything specific in the comments below.