There are various storage categories in an Android phone; one is the Other storage category. Many Android users get confused when they see their device’s storage used by the other category. This storage can pile up over time and use space on your device, making it essential to learn how to manage and remove it efficiently.
In this article, we have discussed what other storage is and how to manage and clear the Other storage on Android phones.
Also read: How to clear the clipboard on Android?
What is Other storage on Android?
Other storage includes various types of data on your Android device that do not fall into the categories of apps, photos, videos, or audio files. This category often comprises system files, cached data, app data, downloaded files, and miscellaneous files generated by various apps and processes.
While some of this Other data is essential for your device to function correctly, it can accumulate over time and become a storage hog. If left unmanaged, it can slow down your device and leave you with insufficient space for your needs.
How to clear the Other storage?
If you wish to clear the other storage category in your Android device, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings on your Android phone and tap on the Storage option.
- In the storage, tap on the Other; in some Android phones, you will find the Other category with the Document category, as shown above.
- Tap on the Folder from which you want to delete the files.
- Select the files that you think are not important, and then tap on the Delete icon.
- Tap on the OK button to confirm your actions.
Clear the app data
As we have explained, the other storage stores the system files, cached data, app data, downloaded files, and miscellaneous files generated by various apps and processes. So, clearing the app data will automatically clear up some space from the other storage category.
Also read: How to check Android phone model?