With Word Art, you can apply colours and effects to the texts to make them aesthetically pleasing.
In this article, we shall discuss how you can do Word Art in Google Docs.
Step 1: Open Google Docs on your computer and go to Insert > Drawing > New.
Step 2: Click on Actions > Word Art.
Then enter the word or sentence in the box. Remember, press Shift + Enter to change lines. Pressing only Enter will submit the text and your text will convert into a Word Art.
I had entered Candid.Technology and it looks somewhat like this:
Also read: How to indent on Google Docs?
Enhance your Word Art
You can use various tools to enhance your Word Art. We will explain some of the tools in the following paragraphs:
- Going from left to right, you will find Undo and Redo buttons. Undo (Ctrl +Z) is used to rectify the errors and Redo (Ctrl + Y) is used to cancel the undo.
- Next, you will see the Paint Format option. You can use this option to copy the formatting from some other text to this current one.
- The Zoom option allows you to set guides or go to full-screen mode. Here, you can increase the size by 200%.
- In the Line option, you can opt for various options such as Line, Arrow, Elbow and Curve Connector, and Scribble, among others.
- Insert shapes in your text by clicking on Shape. You can insert shapes, arrows, call outs and even various mathematical symbols like brackets.
- Click on the Text box and then drag your mouse to make space for entering texts.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. In Google Docs, you can insert pictures either from your computer, URL, or Google Drive. Select the Image option and then select the location of the pictures.
- You have entered a text and now you want to fill it with colours. You can click on Fill colours and then select the colour of your choice.
- Use the Border colour option for colouring the borders of your texts. Make sure that the border colours are different from the colours that you have filled inside the text.
- After you have selected the border colour, next choose the border thickness by clicking on Border weight.
- You can re-design the borders and make them dotted, regular or a mixture of both from the Border dash option.
You can notice from the screenshot that I tried various options and designed the text. Although it does not look much appealing, you can create masterpieces of your own.
Also read: How to make a cover page in Google Docs?
Deputy Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant writes at the intersection of tech and culture and has a keen interest in science, social issues and international relations.
You can contact him here: [email protected]