Social media is a platform where you can share the posts and views with your family, friends and colleagues as well as with people from all over the world. Facebook is one such platform which is widely used and where you can connect with your friends, family as well as co-workers. Sharing is the essence of social media and here, in this quick guide, we will explain how you share your Facebook posts.
Share post on the Facebook website
Sharing the posts on the Facebook website is easy; just follow the instructions given below. You will have to sign in on Facebook first and then go on to the steps below.
Step 1: Click on the blank box at the top of the page and then write the post.Step 2: Select the box besides the News Feed or Your story where you want to share the post. If you select the News Feed option, then the post will be visible in the news feed of others, depending on the privacy settings. On the other hand, if you select Your story, then the post will appear under the stories section alongwith other stories. Step 3: Now you will have to choose the audience that can see your posts. Facebook provides six sharing options.
- If you select the Public option, then the post is visible to everyone, irrespective of whether that person in your friend list or not.
- Friends option, on the other hand, makes the post visible only to your friends on Facebook.
- The Friends except option makes the post visible to those friends who are not included in this list.
- When you select Specific Friends, you can share the post with only those friends whom you include in the list.
- The Only me option lets only you to see the post.
- In the Custom option, you can select whether you want the Friends of Friends to see the post and can also add persons in the Don’t share with option.
Step 4: Now that you have understood the audience, click on the Post option at the bottom to share the post with the audience that you have selected in the previous option. Also read: How to create a poll on Facebook?
Share post via the Facebook app
If you are using the Facebook app, then the method is slightly different. Open the Facebook app and then sign in with your account if you haven’t already. Then follow the instructions given below.
- Tap on the blank box at the top and then write the post.
- Then, tap on the first box under your name. This is the audience selector tool of the box.
- After that, select the audience that you want for your post.
- Tap the back arrow to go to the post.
- Finally, tap on the Post option at the top right of the screen.
Also read: How to appear offline on Facebook?
How to share a post to your page?
If you want to share a post on your page, follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: Go to the post that you want to share and then click on the Share option below.Step 2: Select the Share to a Page option. Step 3: Now, select the page where you want to share the post. Also, choose whether you want to share the post as yourself or as the page admin. Step 4: When you are done, click on the Post option. You can follow the above procedure to share the link on your friend’s timeline or to a group. Just select the Share on a Friend’s timeline or Share to a group option in Step 2, and you are good to go.
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.