ShareIt is a file-sharing tool and supports all the platforms available. It lets you send files via your Android device to iOS, PC or other Android devices. The company claims that the file transfer speed is more than 200 times as that of Bluetooth. Through this app, you can send various files types such as photos, documents as well as movies.
In this article, we explain how you can transfer the files using ShareIt on a variety of platforms — between Android devices, Android and iOS, and PC and Android too..
Transfer files from mobile to mobile(Android to Android)
You can use ShareIt to transfer files between mobiles. Here, we will explain how you can transfer files from one Android device to another Android device.
Follow the steps mentioned below to transfer the files through ShareIt.
- Open Shareit and then click on Send option at the top.
- Next, tap on the files that you have to send to the other mobile and then click on Next.
- After that, tap on Open Bluetooth. When you will tap on this option, the next button at the button will turn blue. Tap on the blue Next button.
- After that, click on the avatar of the device where you want to send the files.
Remember, the receiver must turn on the hotspot before the sender sends the files. Also, both the sender and the receiver must make sure that they have selected the right option, meaning, the receiver selects the Receive option while the sender selects the Send option.
That’s it. You will see that the files have been sent to the other device and you will receive a confirmation.
Also read: How to share folders on Google Drive?
Transfer files from mobile to mobile (Android to iOS)
To transfer files from an Android device to an iOS device, follow the steps given below.
- Tap on Send from the sender’s Android device.
- Select the files by lightly pressing on the file.
- Open the Bluetooth connection and then click on Next.
- Next, tap on Connect to iOS and then tap on Continue. A password along with the network’s name will be displayed on your Android screen.
- Now, in the iOS device, join the network and enter the password. Both the devices are now paired and you can transfer files between the two devices.
Also read: How to share files on Dropbox?
Transfer files from mobile to PC
To transfer files from mobile to PC or vice versa using ShareIt, follow the steps mentioned below. Before continuing, make sure that you have ShareIt on your PC. If you don’t, you can download Shareit from any online marketplace such as Play Store or Microsoft or click here to download it from the ShareIt website. Step 1: Open ShareIt on your PC and then click on Show QR code if you want to send the files through the QR code mechanism.Step 2: Now, tap on the four-square icon at the top right of the mobile and then click on Connect to PCStep 3: Now, either tap on the PC avatar or tap on Scan to Connect option to scan the PC’s QR code. Then, select from the two options — via hotspot for PC or via LAN as per your choice, and then tap on Start.
Both the mobile and PC should be connected to the same WLAN network to continue the file transfer.