Looking back at the past few months, you may have noticed a new feature introduced on Instagram called “Add Yours”, a sticker option that presents itself when uploading a story. It allows you to write a prompt and upload their stories related to that prompt. They can add their versions of photos or videos with this new feature.
However, if you’re unable to join in on the fun because this sticker is not working on your app, here is why the ‘add yours’ feature isn’t working for you and how to fix the add yours sticker not working issue on Instagram.
Why is ‘Add Yours’ not working?
There are multiple reasons why this sticker feature may not work on your mobile app, some being:
- The feature has not been introduced in your country yet.
- You have not updated your Instagram app.
- There might be a problem with your account.
- You might be confused about where this feature is located.
Also Read: How to pause Instagram reels?
How to fix the ‘Add Yours’ sticker not working issue?
If you feel like you are missing out on all the fun or if you are confused about how to use this feature, fret not. There are multiple steps for you to follow and get back on the fun wagon:
Update the app
Try to update the app on Google Play Store or Apple App Store as the newly introduced feature. After updating the app, you can try looking for it on your story.
If updating the app doesn’t help, you can also try uninstalling and re-installing the Instagram app.
Locate the feature
Follow the steps below if you are confused about this feature’s location on the app:
- On the Instagram app, tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner and choose a photo or click one to add to your story.
- Tap on the square box with a smiley-face on it, an option present in the top-left corner. This will open a range of stickers.
- Tap on the “Add Yours” option.
- Then write the prompt you would like the theme of all the stories added.
- Tap on add to your story or close friends according to your preference.
If you are still unable to use the feature, it could be because it hasn’t been introduced in your country. Instagram first tested this sticker in Japan and Indonesia. For other ways to fix this, you can try contacting Instagram Help.
For many, this feature is probably still undiscovered. Try talking to your friends about this and whether they can use this feature.
Try switching to another account if you have more than one for other options. Sometimes, there might be a problem with your account, and the only way to fix that is by contacting Instagram help.
If you successfully add the sticker from your second account, you can try again later from the previous account.
Use a VPN
You can download this Virtual Private Network app through the Play Store or App Store or download it for free from your browser. Open the VPN and then try using the Instagram app. If the feature works, then your app usage is protected and secure.
You will know that the “Add Yours” sticker works when a follower adds your prompt to their story. When this happens, Instagram will send you a notification, and you can check out their stories.