Till very recently, one of the major issues haunting Hotstar and its users was the illegitimate access to the account gained via cookies and unfortunately, Hotstar had no option to allow you to logout of all devices — except writing them an email to clear all background sessions or transfer your membership to an alternate email ID. But with recent updates, Hotstar has added an option that allows users to logout of their Hotstar account.
If you’re facing issues with your Hotstar account and feel that there is someone else using the account, it’ll help to logout your Hotstar account from all devices. There are two methods that enable users to logout of Hotstar from all devices and both are somewhat related.
You can either change your Hotstar password using our guide here, which will automatically logout your Hotstar account from all devices that are currently using it or you can check out our guide below to logout of all Hotstar sessions using the specific option available in the account settings.
Logout Hotstar from all devices
Login to your Hotstar account or open the app and follow the steps mentioned below to log out of Hotstar from all devices.
Step 1: Hover over the profile picture icon at the top right of the page (besides Search). and From the dropdown menu click on My Account.
Step 2: On the next page, click on the Log Out All Devices option.
Step 3: A pop-up notification box will appear suggesting you Check your email. Click on the Ok, Got It button and open your email account registered with Hotstar. (This will differ if you registered via a phone number. If you registered via Facebook, head over to the email account you use to login to Facebook).
Step 4: Click on the Change Password button in the email titled A link to log out of all devices. Note that this link expires 24 hours after the email is sent, so complete the process as soon as possible.
Step 5: You’ll be redirected to a Change Password page. Type the New Password and then retype it under Confirm New Password. Then click on the Update button.
Step 6: Click on Launch Disney+ Hotstar button to return to the login page.
You will now be logged out of all devices and will need to log back into them individually with the new password.
Also read: How to download Hotstar videos?
Android and iOS
Open Hotstar on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to log out of Hotstar from all devices.
- Open the Hotstar app and tap on the menu button located to the left of the Hotstar logo on the top of the app.
- Now tap on My Account, located at the top of the menu.
- On the next page, scroll to the bottom and tap on Log Out All Devices.
- A pop-up notification box will appear suggesting you Check your email. Click on the Ok, Got It button and open your email account registered with Hotstar. (This will differ if you registered via a phone number. If you registered via Facebook, head over to the email account you use to login to Facebook).
- Once you receive the email, click on Change Password and follow the on-screen instructions (refer to the PC guide above for details).
- The emailed link will expire in 24 hours. As mentioned above, once you’ve changed the password, you’ll be logged out of Hotstar from all devices and will need to login on all devices again with the new password.
Also read: How to cancel your Hotstar subscription?
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]