Last month, HMD Global announced the Nokia 7.1 at an event in London (UK), and on Friday, the device was unveiled in India too and will be selling here for INR 19,999.
which comes with an HDR display featuring the PureDisplay screen technology and a dual rear depth-sensing camera with two-phase detection coupled with Zeiss optics.
The mid-range Nokia 7.1 smartphone was announced in two variants in UK — 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage and 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage — but only the latter is being released in the India market.
“Almost two-thirds of videos around the world are viewed on mobile which is why we’ve introduced our PureDisplay screen technology, to give everyone a premium viewing experience on a smartphone. The Nokia 7.1 even offers real-time SDR to HDR conversion, meaning you can experience HDR quality entertainment, event when your content is not,” said Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer, HMD Global said during the UK launch event.
Also read: ASUS flagship gaming ROG phone launched in India at INR 69,999
Nokia 7.1 Specs
- Display: The Nokia 7.1 features a 5.84-inch (19:9) Full HD+ PureDisplay protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Design: The devices weighs 160 grams and has the following measurements – 149.7 x 71.18 x 9.14 mm
- Storage and memory: Nokia 7.1 comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 400GB via a microSD card
- Processor: It is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 636 SoC that clocks at speeds up to 1.8GHz and is supported by Adreno 509 GPU
- Camera: Nokia’s latest comes with a dual rear camera with 12MP and 5MP lenses and an 8MP camera at the front
- OS: The device runs on Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box
- Battery: The battery on this Nokia device is a 3060 mAh unit that can be charged via the USB Type-C port
- Connectivity: It has a 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS, NFC, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor (on the back)
- Colours: It is available in gloss midnight blue and gloss steel
Powered by Android One, the Nokia 7.1 will receive monthly Android security patches for the next three years and OS updates for the next two years. Android 9 Pie update has also been rolled out for the Nokia 7.1.
In addition to the Nokia 7.1, you’ll also get the following items in the box: 18W charger, USB Type-C cable, quick guide, SIM door key and a headset.
“We believe the best camera is the one you carry with you, so we’ve designed a new imaging experience powered by ZEISS Optics, featuring rapid autofocus thanks to the two-phase detection technology to capture your own incredible HDR photography. We are excited to deliver a unique, premium experience in collaboration with best in class partners to deliver a standout smartphone at a great value.”
Also read: 10 cool Android smartphones under ₹15,000 with best specs
Offers with the Nokia 7.1 Pre-order
Pre-paid customers can avail 1TB data on INR 199 plan. Post-paid customers can avail 120GB additional data and three months of Netflix on INR 499 plan. You can pre-order the Nokia 7.1 here.
Nokia wireless earbuds
Alongside the launch of Nokia 7.1, the company has also announced two new audio accessories — Nokia True wireless earbud and Nokia Pro wireless earphones — that can be purchased separately.
The Nokia True wireless earbud can be for music or phone calls. They can be used for 3.5 hours on a single charge and come with a pocket charging case that holds three charges. The company claims that including the charging case, the True wireless earbuds can last up to 16 hours.
The Nokia Pro wireless earphones are a better option for those with an active lifestyle and can last up to 10 hours of playback on a single charge. They come with a connected neckband, vibrate when you receive a call and also sport magnetic earbuds. You can simply separate the two earbuds to answer a call or play music without the need to pick up your smartphone.
Also read: Nokia 6.1 Plus vs Nokia 6.1: 11 things you should know before buying one
Writes news mostly and edits almost everything at Candid.Technology. He loves taking trips on his bikes or chugging beers as Manchester United battle rivals.
Contact Prayank via email: [email protected]