HMD Global has launched the iconic Nokia 8110 in India for INR 5999 — their first feature phone with 4G VoLTE support — and is available to purchase starting Wednesday, October 24.
The Nokia 8110 was announced alongside Nokia 3.1 Plus earlier this month. It is powered by one of the most basic Qualcomm chipsets Snapdragon 205.
The device that sports the nostalgic slider design will be available to purchase from Nokia’s own website as well as across mobile retailers in India.
Jio Digital Life subscribers who purchase the revamped Nokia 8110 will be eligible to receive up to 544GB of 4G data.
“As we’ve expanded our portfolio we’ve always maintained one vision: to deliver great Nokia phones that live up to the values that our fans expect. It has been an exhilarating time and as we look ahead, we plan to build on our success by expanding our portfolio and giving consumers a wide range of Nokia phones they can love, trust and rely on,” said Florian Seiche, CEO of HMD Global.
Nokia 8110 specs
- Display: The Nokia 8110 features a 2.45-inch QVGA display with a curved screen.
- Design: The device is encased in a polycarbonate shell, sports a slider and is also IP52 certified for drip protection.
- OS: It runs on KaiOS, the same operating system used in JioPhone.
- Processor: Nokia 8110 is powered by the dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 205 (MSM8905) that clocks speed up to 1.1GHz.
- Memory and Storage: It comes with 512MB RAM and 4GB internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card.
- Camera: The rear camera of the Nokia 8110 sports a 2MP lens with LED flash.
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE; Hotspot, WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth® 4.1, GPS/AGPS
- Battery: It is backed by a 1500mAh removable battery that can be charged via a MicroUSB (USB 2.0)
- Colours: The 8110 is available in its traditional black and yellow colours.
- Dimensions: 133.45 x 49.3 x 14.9 mm and weighs 117grams.
The Nokia 8110 comes with dual-SIM support — Micro and Nano. The company claims 7 hours of talk time on 4G VoLTE, 25 days of standby time, up to 48 hours of music playback and 6.1 hours of HD video playback.
The Consulting Editor at Candid.Technology, Feeroz is a professional journalist with 33 years of experience, both in print, digital as well as in television. After Graduating from Delhi University, he began his journalistic journey with India’s leading news agency Press Trust of India in 1986. After working for nine years in print media, he became the first batch of media professional to switch over to electronic media in 1995. Since then he has been working with different news channels and digital media.