Instagram makes logging in for its users extremely easy by remembering their login details every time a user logs out. However, that can put your account at risk in case someone gains access to your phone.
Of course, you have the option to totally remove your account and make the app not save any login info when you log out of a device. Instagram goes one step ahead and lets you log out of all devices you had logged in before.
In this article, we’re going to talk about how you can remove your remembered Instagram account.
Also read: How to logout from Instagram on all devices?
Removing remembered accounts on the Instagram app
Open Instagram app and follow the steps mentioned below to delete remembered accounts.
- Head over to your profile page by tapping on your profile icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Head over to Settings.
- Scroll down to find the logout option for your account (in case you have multiple accounts logged in).
- Instagram will ask if you’re sure you want to log out. Just tap on Log Out.
- Now reopen Instagram and head over to the login page. You’ll be asked to continue as the account you just logged out from. Tap on the Remove button.
- Instagram will ask if you’re sure you want to remove the account. Tap on Remove and you’re good to go.
The next time you want to login with this account, you’re going to have to enter your login credentials.
Clearing out remembered accounts by deleting app data
If for some reason the above method doesn’t work for you, you can go ahead and clear Instagram’s app data from your phone settings. This will remove all logged-in accounts from your app and will also clear out any saved data and credentials.
- Head over to your phone’s settings and tap Apps and notifications.
- Tap on Show all apps and find Instagram from the list. If you’ve recently used Instagram it’ll show up in the recent apps as well.
- Once on the app settings page, tap on Storage and cache
- Tap on the Clear storage button to clear out all the data your app has stored.
This should log out all active accounts in your app. Next time you log in, you’re going to have to use your login credentials.
Removing remembered accounts from Instagram using your browser
If you’re using Instagram on PC, here’s how to remove the remembered accounts.
Step 1: Head over to the Instagram login page. You’ll see a list of all active accounts along with a Manage accounts button. Click it to be able to remove any unwanted accounts.
Step 2: Use the cross button in front of each account to remove it from the browser. When you’re done, click on the Done Editing button to save changes.
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars. You can reach out to Yadullah at [email protected], or follow him on Instagram or Twitter.