Snapchat is a popular social media platform that focused primarily on pictures and images rather than text messages. The homepage of this app opens directly to your device’s camera — extending its message right where you begin interacting with the app. Social media is a great way to communicate, and Snapchat took things one more step further.
However, like most of the social networking apps, privacy concerns remain. This is the reason why a user must take the utmost care not to disclose something personal on the network and also by not adding random strangers. If you did, read this article to understand how you can block someone on Snapchat or if you’ve blocked a friend by mistake, how to unblock them on Snapchat.
How to block someone on Snapchat?
There are two ways you can block someone on Snapchat, and we’ll go through each one of them step-by-step below.
Here are the steps to block someone on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat and then right swipe to go to the Friends menu.
- On the Friends menu, long press on the Friend’s name and a new menu will appear on the screen.
- Here, select the More option.
- Now, tap on the Block button to block the person. Also, if you want to report the person, tap on the Report option just above Block.
Here is another method to block a friend.
- Open Snapchat and then swipe right to go to the Friends menu.
- Here, tap on Chat option at the bottom of the screen. Look at the second screenshot.
- Now, tap on the profile picture of the person that you want to block.
- After that, tap on the three-dot button at the top right of your screen.
- From the bottom-up menu, select the Block option. Here also, you can report the person by selecting the Report option.
Unblock the person
If you feel that you have blocked the person by mistake, follow the steps given below to unblock the person.
- Right swipe and then tap on your profile picture.
- Next, tap on the Settings gear icon.
- Scroll down to the very last and then tap on Blocked.
- Here, you will find the list of the persons that you have blocked. Tap on the cross icon in front of the person’s name.
- Confirm the process by tapping on Yes.
What happens after you have blocked someone on Snapchat?
After you have blocked someone on Snapchat, they cannot view your Story and Charms and cannot send the same either. Also, you will not be able to see them on the Discover screen.
That’s it. You can now block and unblock the person on Snapchat by following the steps mentioned above