Tinder boasts a total of 55 billion matches since it began its journey in the dating game, catering to over 400 million users across 190 countries. While finding a match and having a conversation (leading to further developments) is the primary objective of Tinder, it’s not possible to hit it up with each and every match you come across on the platform.
Not only that, but it’s also possible that you swiped right on someone’s profile by mistake. In such situations, you might want to unmatch the concerned person on Tinder and move on with your life.
If you’re unable to do that, here is a guide to help you unmatch on Tinder in a few easy steps.
Also read: How to get verified on Tinder?
Unmatch someone on Tinder
Open the Tinder app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to unmatch someone you’ve matched with on the app.
- Tap on the Message icon (the third one from the left, at the top of the app screen).
- Then with Messages section selected, scroll down and tap on the chat with the person you want to unmatch.
- Then click on the Shield icon at the top-right of the chat window.
- From the options that appear, select Unmatch From (name)
- On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Yes, Unmatch.
The selected person will be immediately unmatched from your profile and you won’t see them under the Messages tab anymore. If the person you’re unmatching has been harassing you, the Report option might also come in handy.
What if you haven’t started chatting with them yet?
If you’ve matched with someone by mistake, you can also head over to the Matches section under the Chat tab on the Tinder app, click on their name and the chat window will appear. Now, you can follow the same steps as above to unmatch.