Verizon is one of the world’s leading technology, entertainment products and communication services providers. Verizon offers video, voice and data services through its wireless and wired networks and long-distance voice and video and cloud services.
Verizon routers are the devices that let you enjoy the full advantage of Verizon’s fast internet services, but just like other devices, it faces some problems once in a while, and one of those issues that you might face is a red globe on Verizon routers.
This article discusses the causes of the red globe on Verizon routers and a few ways to fix it.
What does the red globe on the Verizon router indicate?
The globe light blinks white when the internet connection is working fine, but it turns red when there is a problem; the red globe on your Verizon router means that it has lost the connection to the internet and the red globe light indicates three different connection statuses:
- If the red globe light is solid red, it indicates that the router cannot connect to the internet.
- If the red globe light is flashing slowly about two times per second, it indicates a problem with the gateway.
- If the red globe light is flashing fast, it indicates that the router is overheated and needs to cool down.
How to fix the red globe light on the Verizon router?
Here are a few fixes that might help you in fixing the red globe light on the Verizon router:
Reboot the Verizon router
Restarting the router usually fixes most of the normal connection issues. To restart the router, unplug it, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in and wait for it to set up properly before accessing the internet.
Check for loose cables
Your router will face issues connecting to the internet if there are any loose or damaged cables, so check all the cables connected to your router, and if there are any loose or damaged connections, then fix or replace them.
Also read: How to change the currency on eBay?
Check for service outage
It is possible that there is a service outage in your area, which is why your router cannot connect to Verizon’s servers, and you are not getting internet connectivity. You can check for service outages on Verizon’s service outage page.
Reset the ONT
ONT (Optical Network Terminal) is an important unit to connect the Verizon servers to your router, so resetting it might fix the issues with the gateway.
To reset the ONT, follow the steps below:
- Unplug the power supply and remove the backup battery from the ONT.
- Wait for at least 30-40 seconds, and then put the backup battery back in the ONT.
- Then connect the power supply again.
Also read: How to change DPI in Photoshop?
Reset the router
If there are any software bugs in your router which might be causing the internet connection problem, then resetting it might fix those bugs, but once you reset, your router will delete all the previous settings, and it will go back to factory settings; your router username, password and network name and other custom settings will go back to factory defaults.
To reset your Verizon follow the steps below:
- Find the reset button at the back of the router.
- Use paper clips or push pins that can get in; press and hold the button using the pin for about 10 seconds and then release it.
- The router will restart, and all the settings will return to factory default.
If none of the above methods works for you, then contact Verizon customer support.
Also read: Verizon data not working: 8 Fixes