Xbox is one of the leading gaming consoles in the world. But like all the other gadgets, Xbox is also plagued by errors and malfunctions. This time we talk about why Xbox keeps turning off.
Some of the reasons why your Xbox keeps turning off are as follows:
- The console is too hot.
- Somehow, the power supply is disrupted.
- You might have changed the console settings.
- The console is damaged, and you might need to change it.
Now that we have understood the possible causes of the problem, it is time for you to know the troubleshooting for the issue.
Check the ventilation
If the ventilation is insufficient, it will cause a heating issue with the console. To avoid this, make sure that you use the console in a ventilated space. Also, make sure that there is no direct sunlight in the area.
If you feel that the console has heated up a little too much, then turn off the console and wait for an hour or so before restarting the console again, this time from a ventilated spot far away from direct sunlight or any other heat source.
You should also consider the following points:
- Keep your console in an uncluttered space. Do not keep other objects like books and mobile phones on top of the Xbox so as to keep the vents clear. Even things that you might consider insignificant, such as a disc case, can block the vents.
- Avoid placing the console on a soft surface like a sofa or a bed.
- Do not keep the console in a confined space such as on a bookshelf, rack or cabinet.
- Keep the console in a dust-free environment. This means away from the window sill.
Also read: How to fix Xbox error 0x97e107df?
Check the power supply
If the Xbox keeps turning off, there might be power supply issues. Inspect the cables or the main power source for any damages.
Xbox recommends that you plug the console’s power cord directly into the wall outlet and avoid any extension cords.
Tweak the console settings
You can manually tweak the settings on your console so that it doesn’t turn off automatically. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Now, select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.
- In the Power options, go to Options > Turn off after > Don’t turn off automatically.
Reset the console
You should reset the console after you have tried everything else. Resetting will erase all the data from the console.
Here’s how you can reset your Xbox:
- Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button.
- Go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
- Select Reset console. You will see a Reset your console? screen. Select either one of the two options — Reset and remove everything or Reset and keep my games and apps.
Once you have selected the option, the process will begin. It is important to note that you can use other ways to reset the console. Visit the official page to know more methods of resetting the Xbox.
Also read: Xbox error code 0x80190190: 5 Fixes