Cloud-based management tool for mobile devices, Microsoft Intune, is a part of the Microsoft Endpoint Manager. If you’re seeing the ‘Your organisation’s data cannot be pasted here’ error while trying to copy data from Outlook to another app, that’s probably caused by Intune.
The error isn’t actually Intune’s fault but a security feature to avoid copying data to unauthorised apps. However, if you see the error on an authorised app, the issue could either be with Microsoft Intune’s policy or an outdated Outlook app.
Try updating Outlook and Microsoft Intune and see if that resolves the ‘your organisation’s data cannot be pasted here’ issue. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to configure Intune’s policies via the Policy Management page.
Unfortunately, these restrictions are controlled by Intune admins, as per company policy. So, unless you’re the admin, you won’t be able to configure Intune policies.
Disable app restrictions
The Data Protection policy found under the App protection section is primarily responsible for showing this error. You’ll need to disable the Restrict cut, copy and paste between other apps feature to copy data from one app to the other. This restriction doesn’t apply to protected apps.
Login to your Microsoft Intune account and follow the steps mentioned below to fix the ‘Your organisation’s data cannot be pasted here’ error.
- Click on Client apps from the options to the left.
- Then select App protection policies.
- On the next page, either edit an existing policy or create a new policy.
- On the policy page, search for Restrict cut, copy, and paste between other apps.
- Click on the dropdown menu to its right and select one of the following three options according to your needs:
- Policy managed apps:This action will allow you to cut, copy and paste data with other policy-managed apps.
- Policy managed apps with paste in: This action will allow you to cut and copy from other policy managed apps and allow data from any app to be pasted.
- Any app: No restrictions for cut, copy and paste.
- Click on the OK button to save the policy.
Note that you’ll need to provide additional details when creating a new policy. You’ll also need to assign it to relevant groups.
Once you’ve configured Intune’s policy, the ‘Your organisation’s data cannot be pasted here’ error should be resolved, and you should be able to copy and paste data between apps with ease.
Also read: Why is Copy and Paste not working? 10 fixes