More often than not music is enough to express whatever it is we’re feeling in just about every situation. Following Instagram’s lead, Facebook has now added a music sharing feature where you can add music to your profile and even share it on your stories.
You can add multiple songs and even pin your favourite one on your profile to make sure everyone who accesses your page sees the music you want them to see.
At the time of writing, the feature is currently limited to the Android and iOS apps of Facebook and isn’t available on the desktop site. It is located right next to the life events and photos card on your profile.
How to add music to your Facebook profile?
The process is pretty straightforward as you’d expect and here’s how you can add music to your Facebook profile.
- Tap on your profile picture to go to your profile.
- Tap on the Music card once you’re there.
- A blank page will open. Tap on the plus icon in the top right.
- You can now search for a song and add it to your profile by tapping on the song itself.
Once you’ve added the songs you want, head back over to the music section and you’ll see you all the added songs right there. From here on, you can pin songs or remove them by tapping the three horizontal dots in front of each song.
Keep in mind that pinning a song to your profile will make it appear right under your name and profile picture.
- Tap the three dots icon to open the options menu.
- Select Pin to Profile or Delete song from Profile depending on what you want to do.
If you’re looking to replace a pinned song, here’s how.
- Head over to your profile and tap the three dots next to the pinned song.
- Select Replace song or Unpin from profile depending on what you want to do.
All the songs you add to your profile are public by default. This means that anyone visiting your profile can see them and listen to a sample about one and a half minute long. The artist’s Facebook page is also linked to whatever music you add.
Also read: How to change the language on Facebook?
How to add music to your Facebook stories?
To add music to your Stories on Facebook, you’re going to have to use the music sticker. There’s also a dedicated music option when adding stories.
- Tap on Add to Story on the homepage.
- Scroll to find the music card and tap on it to proceed.
- Select whatever song you’d like to add.
- You can choose any portion of the dong you like for a maximum length of 15 seconds. Click on Done to proceed.
- You’ll now be on the story editing page where you can change the background colour and the style of the card by tapping the card itself.
Alternatively, you can just use the music sticker to add music to your stories.
- Add a story as you normally would. You can take a picture or use an image from the gallery.
- Tap on Stickers. Select the music sticker from the options.
- You’ll now be asked to choose a song and the part of the song you want to add.