Signatures are texts that are included at the end of your emails sent via Gmail. The texts can contain your name alongwith other credentials or can contain information about your business or work. In this way, you can give a professional touch to your email while simultaneously advertising about your business.
In Gmail, you can add signatures up to 1000 words and can also include pictures and special characters. In this article, we will explain how you can add signature in Gmail.
How to add signature in Gmail?
There are two ways to add signature in Gmail — via computer and via the Gmail app.
Add Gmail signature via a computer
To add signature in Gmail by using a computer, follow the instructions given below.
- Open your Gmail account.
- Now, click on the gear icon at the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Signature sub-heading.
- Add your signature.
- After that, scroll down more and then click on Save Changes.
Add Gmail signature via the Gmail app (Android/iPhone)
If you are using the Gmail app and want to add signature using the app, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top left corner of the screen and a drop-down menu will open.
- Select the Settings option.
- Now, select the Google account where you want to add the signature. (In case you have more than one Gmail accounts).
- Scroll down a bit and then tap on Mobile Signature.
- Add the signature and then tap on Ok to complete the process.
Where is the signature located?
Usually, signatures are separated from the rest of the mail by two dashes. To see the signature, scroll to the bottom to the mail and then click on Show trimmed content (three horizontal dots).
Hope this article helped you. Check out our other Gmail basics to become a pro.
Also Read: How to change your Gmail password?
Former Senior Editor at Candid.Technology. Hemant has a keen interest in social issues and international relations.