When you first set up the Apple Watch, it automatically displays the same language as your iPhone, but if you want to change the language of the two synced devices, you can do so on your paired iPhone, and the changes will apply to your Apple watch as well.
Changing language on your Apple Watch is fairly easy. However, you cannot do so directly from your watch. The change is only possible through the Watch app on the paired iPhone.
This article will guide you on changing the language on Apple Watch and switching wrists, and adjusting Digital Crown orientation on your Apple Watch.
Also read: How to delete a workout on Apple Watch?
How to change language on Apple Watch?
Launch the Watch application on the paired iPhone and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Select General.
- Tap on Language & Region from the list of options.
- Select Custom to change the language on your Apple Watch. You will see new options appear on your screen.
- Tap on Watch Language.
- Search and select the language.
- Tap on Change To (language) on the confirmation prompt.
- Once you add the language, it will appear in the Preferred Language Order. To choose the language from this list, tap on Edit located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Drag the language you want to update on your Apple Watch to the top of the list. Then Tap on the Done option.
- If you want to return to the language used on your iPhone, you can sync the languages by tapping on Mirror My iPhone.
It may take few minutes to update the new language on your Apple Watch.
How to switch wrists and adjust orientation on Apple Watch?
Follow the steps given below to switch wrists and change Digital Crown’s orientation.
- Open the Settings app from the home screen of your Apple Watch.
- Tap on General.
- Select Orientation from the list of options.
- Choose to keep the Wrist and Digital Crown settings on Left or Right.
Also read: How to delete apps on Apple Watch?
How to switch wrists and adjust orientation using iPhone?
While you can make the orientation changes directly from the Apple Watch, you can also do the same from the Watch application on your paired iPhone. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Watch app and select General.
- Tap on Watch Orientation.
- You can choose to Wear Apple Watch On– Left Wrist or Right Wrist and prefer Digital Crown on Left Side or Right Side.
This would help the Apple Watch record the ECG accurately and assist the watch to know when to wake and orient the display.
Also read: How to find serial number on Apple Watch?