The digital crown is one of the most noticeable interaction options of the Apple Watch — the physical dial that you can scroll, touch and press to activate several unique features that the Watch offers, including ECG and Siri.
The digital crown gives continuous haptic feedback, which provides users more tactile experience as they scroll through the content. With haptic feedback, every interaction is transformed into a more mechanical and responsive feel guided by sensations and sounds of clicks. However, this feature can be very annoying for some, and they would rather go without the haptic feedback.
If you’re one of those who do not like the feel of this feature and want to disable it completely, we have got you covered. This article will guide you on how to turn off the digital crown on Apple Watch and iPhone.
Also read: How to delete apps on Apple Watch?
How to turn off digital crown on Apple Watch?
Disabling the digital crown haptic feedback on your Apple Watch is just as easy as changing the Watch face. Follow the steps given below to disable the digital crown from Apple Watch directly.
- Press the digital crown to go to the home screen.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Sound & Haptics.
- Scroll down to Crown Haptics. Slide the toggle to the left to turn off the Haptic crown.
Also read: Top 7 Notes app for Apple Watch
How to Apple Watch turn off digital crown via iPhone?
If you want to turn off the digital crown through the Watch app on your iPhone, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll down to Crown Haptics, then slide the toggle to the left to disable digital crown haptic feedback.
Also read: Google Maps comes to CarPlay and Apple Watch