Data is one of the most important commodities and was recently also popularly called the new oil. If you’re thinking about backing up your data, you’re doing it right, and when it comes to iPhone, Whatsapp uses iCloud to store all your data.
In case you lose your phone or are simply switching to a new device and want to pick up from where you left then backing up your Whatsapp data is a good idea. But before you can backup your Whatsapp data, you need to ensure that your iCloud backups for Whatsapp are activated on your iPhone.
In this article, we will first guide you through the activation process of iCloud backup for Whatsapp, followed by a simple guide to help you back up your Whatsapp data on your iPhone.
How to turn on iCloud Drive?
- Open Settings from Homescreen
- Then tap on your Apple ID at the top of the Settings.
- Then tap on iCloud.
- When you scroll down you will find Whatsapp, tap on the toggle switch next to it so that it appears green.
These are steps that will help you to switch on iCloud and then you can continue with backing up your Whatsapp data.
Also read: How to turn off read receipts in Whatsapp?
How to backup your Whatsapp data on iPhone?
Open Whatsapp from your home screen and follow the steps mentioned below to backup your Whatsapp data.
- On the bottom-right corner of the app, tap on the Settings icon.
- Then tap on Chats.
- On the next page, tap on Chat Backup.
- On the next page, tap on Back Up Now option to upload your all chat data to your iCloud account.
- If you want iCloud to automatically backup your periodically, tap on Auto Backup and then choose Daily, Weekly or Monthly backups.
- If you wish to backup videos too, then tap on the toggle switch beside Include Videos option.
This is how iOS users can backup their chat data and access it if they reinstall Whatsapp on any other iOS device. When you switch to other phones, you must ensure that the data is adequately backed up in the iCloud. During the setup process on the other phone, you can simply restore the data when prompted.
Pursuing Bachelor’s in Accounts & Finance. To relieve stress I listen to music. Enjoying life to the fullest.