Signal is an encrypted messaging app that rivals the capacities of just about any other. However, its Signal’s single-minded focus on security and privacy that sets it apart from the competition.
It’s by far one of the most secure messaging apps that you can use, The app was originally developed by Moxie Marlinspike, an American Cryptographer. Since then the app has been transferred over to the Signal Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit company based out of California, USA.
Considering the app’s sheer focus is on your security and privacy, there are numerous features that help protect users from unwanted attention, so to speak. All the messages are end-to-end encrypted and users can even set timers for their messages to self-delete.
If you’re receiving unsolicited messages or calls from a contact on Signal and want that to stop, here we’re going to talk about two methods that will help you block someone on Signal. Once you’ve blocked someone on Signal, that contact won’t be able to call you or send you messages.
Also read: How to unblock someone on WhatsApp?
How to block someone on Signal via chat?
As you’d expect, the process is actually quite straightforward. Here’s how.
- Open Signal and tap on the chat of the person you want to block.
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the top right.
- Then tap on Conversation Settings from the dropdown list.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see an option to block the person. Tap on it to proceed.
- You’ll see a warning prompt from SIgnal saying that blocked people won’t be able to reach you. Tap on Block to block the contact.
How to block someone on Signal via in-app settings?
Alternatively, you can also block someone by heading over to Signal’s settings. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open up Signal and tap the three vertical dots in the top right.
- Tap on Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Under the Settings menu, tap on Privacy.
- Scroll down to find Blocked users.
- Tap on Add blocked user.
- Find the contact you want to block. Tap on it to proceed.
- Signal will show you a prompt telling you what will happen when you block someone. Tap on Block, and you’re done.
While Signal is available on the desktop, you can’t block people from there just yet.
Someone who writes/edits/shoots/hosts all things tech and when he’s not, streams himself racing virtual cars. You can reach out to Yadullah at [email protected], or follow him on Instagram or Twitter.