In addition to serving their main purpose of enabling communications, smartphones have made a lot of hardware from the older days redundant. Be it entertainment gadgets such as MP3 or MP4 players or the good old alarm clock — smartphones have replaced everything and keep on adding to the list with new apps with innovative functionalities to make the most out of your time and gadget.
Apple’s iPhone is one of the leading smartphone brands worldwide but the entire iOS experience can get a bit overwhelming to a new user who has shifted from Android. But don’t you worry, we’ve got you covered here.
If you’re new to the whole iPhone experience or aren’t able to figure out things after the latest update, here is how you can change the alarm sound on your iPhone in a few simple steps.
Also read: How to hide pictures on iPhone?
Changing alarm sound on iPhone and iPad
Open the Clock app on your iPhone or iPad and follow the steps mentioned below to change the alarm sound.
- Tap on the Edit button at the top-left corner of the app window to change the alarm sound in an existing alarm you had set earlier. Alternatively, tap on the + (plus) icon at the top-right to create a new alarm.
- Tap on the alarm for which you want to change the sound.
- On the Edit Alarm page, tap on the Sound option near the bottom of the screen.
- On the next page, you can either select one of the dozens of preset alarm sounds from under Ringtones, which includes the classics. Or you can select a song from your iPhone’s library by tapping on Pick a song under Songs.
- Select the alarm sound you want to set and then tap on the Save option at the top=right of the Edit Alarm page.
The alarm sound on your iPhone (or iPad) will be changed. If you want to confirm that the change has been made, either edit the alarm to go off in a few minutes or create a new alarm with the same sound to see if everything’s set as intended.
Also read: Top 7 hairstyle apps for iOS and Android
Yatharth believes social media is the coolest thing to have happened to humankind — connecting across borders. He writes about Apple, gaming and social platforms and also indulges in offbeat tech stuff from time to time.
Contact Yatharth via email: [email protected]