Wallpapers are one of the first things that you change whenever you purchase a new device to add a personal touch and if you’ve recently bought an iPhone, iPad or iPod but aren’t able to figure out how to change its background wallpaper, we’ve got you covered here.
You can not only personalise the wallpaper of your home screen on the iPhone but also set a separate (or same) picture as the lock screen wallpaper.
In this article, we’re going to explain how to change the background of your iPhone, including the home screen and lock screen wallpaper.
Changing iPhone’s home screen and lock screen background
Open the Settings of your iPhone, iPad or iPod and follow the steps mentioned below to change the background.
- Scroll down and tap on Wallpaper option.
- On the next page, tap on Choose a New Wallpaper.
- Then on the next screen you can choose to either set a a Dynamic or Still pre-loaded wallpaper. Or you can choose a photo from your library.
- After you’ve selected the new background for your iPhone, tap on it and adjust the wallpaper on your screen. Once you’re done, tap on the Set option at the bottom-right.
- Then from the options that appear at the bottom, you can set the photo to appear as a background image on your home screen by tapping on Set Home Screen. If you want the image to appear on the lock screen, then tap on Set Lock Screen option and if you want the same image on both the lock and home screen, then tap on Set Both option at the bottom.
Your selection will be updated. You can exit settings and go to your iPhone’s home screen to confirm that the changes have been made. You can also lock your screen to check whether or not the changes have been applied on the lock screen too.