Instagram started as a photo-sharing social networking service in Q3 of 2010 and since has come a long way. Today, it is not merely a photo-sharing app but with newer updates, it has forayed into a full-fledged social networking platform — amassing north of a billion users — with features like video sharing, video calling, story posts, Instagram Reels, chats and many more.
One such update on Instagram which came in 2020 was DM theme and colours it came to give some spice to your boring looking chats and make it more comfortable for longer with appealing visual tones.
If you are excited to try out this amazing feature and liven up your DMs then follow the guide below.
Also read: How to remove a device from your Apple ID?
How to change Instagram Chat Theme?
The new chat tweaking feature is only available in the updated version of the Instagram so if you have not upgraded your variant then do so from Apple App Store or Google play store.
- Open the Instagram app and select the messenger icon similar to Facebook messenger icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Under chat menu open the DM (direct message) of any of the chats for which you wish to change the theme.
- On the next window hit the details menu,“I” button, on the top-right corner.
- Now tap on the Theme controller under details.
- A pop-up page will appear where you can choose the theme, colour and gradients for your chat.
Themes will change the chat background as well as chat bubbles but the chat colour only changes the chat bubbles, and the background stays the same.
This is how you can switch to different chat theme on Instagram for better chat experience but don’t forget to keep the app up to date for any latest Theme options.
Also read: How to add music to Facebook Profile and Stories?