When we talk about messaging apps, the first name that pop-ups is Whatsapp, which features one of the most elementary user interfaces, making it so easy to use that any-one can workaround their way into most of the feature it offers without much help.
Now to be able to personalise Whatsapp, it must be displaying text in a language that you understand and if for some reason the language set on your Whatsapp is incorrect, or you want to change the currently selected language for the app to some other one, here we’ll guide you through two easy methods to change the language in Whatsapp on Android and iOS devices.
Whatsapp is available in over 40 languages on iPhone and up to 60 on Android.
Also read: How to change the language in Google Chrome?
How to change language in WhatsApp?
Open the Whatsapp app on your Android device and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Tap on the three-dotted vertical icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Settings button.
- Under settings, tap on Chats.
- On the following screen, scroll down and tap on App Language under Chat settings.
- A pop-up will appear where you can select your preferred language.
This is how you can switch to a different language on Whatsapp. To do the same on your iPhone, follow our guide below.
Also read: How to change the language on your iPhone?
How to change WhatsApp language using device settings?
Whatsapp is designed to follow your phone’s language, which means if your device is set up in Spanish, then Whatapp will automatically sync itself into the Spanish language.
Open your Android device’s settings and follow the steps mentioned.
- Open Settings and scroll down to click Language & region button.
- On the next window, select Language as shown in the picture above.
- Under the Language menu, select your preferred language.
Also read: How to change the language on Facebook?