Headquartered in New Delhi, Paytm is the fastest-growing e-commerce payment system in India and has been expanding to other countries in Asia, Africa and Europe. With the shift towards a digital economy, primarily caused by the ill-timed demonetisation by the Modi-led NDA government, Paytm became one of the primary methods of payments digitally.
While you do need a smartphone or PC with an active internet connection to use Paytm, you also need an active phone connection, which is used to confirm your identity and communicate with you. It’s entirely possible that you might need to update your phone number and without getting into the reasons here is how to change the mobile number in Paytm on the app as well as website.
Also read: How to add a beneficiary in Paytm?
How to change mobile number via Paytm app?
Open the Paytm app and follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Profile icon on the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select Settings.
- Tap on Edit Profile on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Update, located beside your registered mobile number (refer to the screenshot below).
- A message will prompt alerting you that the UPI bank account linked will be deleted, and Paytm wallet will be unlinked from other apps. Tap on Confirm & Update Number.
- Enter the new mobile number and tap Save.
- Enter the OTP sent on your new mobile number and existing mobile number. This will change your mobile number in Paytm.
How to change mobile number via Paytm website?
Go to www.Paytm.com and log in to your Paytm account. Follow the steps below to change your existing mobile number.
Step 1: Hover over your profile name on the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 2: Click on View Profile from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Click on Edit Profile, located on the right-hand side of the screen.
Step 4: Replace your registered mobile number with the new mobile number.
Step 5: Save button will appear as soon as you enter the new 10-digit mobile number. Click on Save.
Step 6: Enter the OTP sent on your new mobile number and existing mobile number. This will change your mobile number in Paytm.
As mentioned above, your Paytm wallet as well as UPI bank account linked via that number will be unlinked from your Paytm account.
Also read: How to change the language on PayPal?