Online payment platforms such as Paytm and Google Pay have made financial transactions among people or to merchants a breeze due to the sheer convenience they lend to the process given the ease of access via smartphones, which are increasingly becoming commonplace.
In this article, we will guide you on how to transfer money from Paytm to Google Pay and vice-versa using UPI. This will help you transfer money from the bank account linked to your Paytm app to the bank account linked to your or someone else’s Google Pay app.
Currently, this is the only transact between the two apps. You cannot directly make a transfer from your Paytm to Google Pay wallet. However, there is a workaround for doing the same. In order to do so, you must first transfer your Paytm wallet money to your Paytm linked bank account and then follow the steps below to transfer it to Google Pay account.
How to transfer money from Paytm to Google Pay?
Open your Paytm app and follow the steps mentioned below to transfer money from Paytm to Google Pay account.
- Tap on UPI Money Transfer located on the top bar.
- Type the UPI ID of the recipient Google Pay account, which can be found on Google Pay app’s home screen, just below the account user’s name. It might ask you to verify it; re-check and confirm the same.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- All your linked bank accounts will be listed below (refer to the screenshots below). Choose one of the options to pay. You can also add another bank account by tapping on the option.
- Tap Pay.
- Enter the UPI PIN of that bank account and tap on the Submit button at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Money Transfer Successful message will flash on your screen. You can View Details or Repeat Payment by selecting the respective tabs.
Note that you cannot send money to your own bank account, that is if your Paytm bank account is the same as your Google Pay account. The payment may take up to three working days to reflect in your bank account.
Also read: How to enter a referral code in Google Pay?
How to transfer money from Google Pay to Paytm?
Open the Google Pay app on your Android or iOS device and follow the steps mentioned below to transfer money from Google Pay to Paytm account.
- Tap on New icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- On the next page, select UPI ID or QR.
- Then tap on UPI ID on the pop-up box.
- Enter Paytm UPI ID of the account in which you want to transfer the money. You can find UPI ID under Bhim UPI tab on the taskbar of the Paytm app.
- Then tap on Verify.
- Then tap on OK to confirm.
- Select Pay from the options.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and a short message, which tells the purpose of the transfer. Tap on Tick Mark icon.
- It will show a list of linked bank accounts. You can also add a new bank account. Choose one of the options to pay.
- Enter the selected bank account’s UPI PIN. Tap Submit.
- If your amount is transferred successfully, it will display a Paid message along with payment details. If the transaction is failed, it will display Failed.
The payment may take up to three working days to reflect in your bank account.
Also read: Credit card fraud: what you need to know